• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Something wrong with server settings?

rassa

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2018
Hi, im trying to setup own KF2 server and, well, everything is fine, but have couple of questions.
1) Boss in the end when dies - nothing happens, I mean game just freeses for a 2-3 seconds, boss health bar shows little HP left, people and boss model are hanging in the air and twisting legs like running, after that - victory banner and stats (without boss falling animation).
All my server settings are default for now, maybe I should change something?
2) Waves of zeds are seem to be not intense. I mean, on HARD for example, they are moving from too far away of the map, groups of zeds are thin, and we never have a mess fight like: you, your teammates are surrounded by crowd of zeds and you smashing them over and over. They are almost already dead on the way where our group is standing. On other servers (HARD) you may have intense fights so I want to ask - if there any setings I should also look through?
Thank you!

1/ Your server CPU is probably very low specs I guess. Give more info about the machine you run the server on.

OR, but this is not what you seem to describe, this is a client problem, one I remember was clearly introduced since the TragicKingdom update, and this new update mad it 100 times worse than it was before.
I have 4.5Ghz CPU, GTX 1060, SSD, and I also LITERALLY NOW FREEZE for a few seconds when boss dies (just after he usually start to explode. Nothing moves at all the image is frozen for a few seconds but not the sound, then boss exploding animation finishes. (I have the Flex gibs (not blood) enabled)
This is not server problem. There is something REALLY WRONG in the game since Tragic Kingdom update, but this is totally ignored like 95% of problems and they continue to produce updates, updates, updates, but all the problems (some here since EARLY ACCESS FOR **** SAKE!!) are there, and they don't care.

2/ All VANILLA servers are exactly the same. zed spawns are dependent of where players stand AND look, but also each maps are different. But honestly, in HARD, no you'll never be surrounded and die unless you are a low level player. in hard, zeds are weak, slow, this is how it is.
If other server use mods, then yes, the zed respawn rate and number may be tweaked with other settings. But these servers are not VANILLA, they are MODDED.
If you want real challenge, play at least Suicidal or try Hell on Earth, there you'll be surrounded with fast and deadly zeds.

Upvote 0
omano;n2325370 said:
1/ Your server CPU is probably very low specs I guess. Give more info about the machine you run the server on.

Yes, I think you right. This game hosting of mine provides me server which is running with another KF2 servers on 1 machine, and probably has not enough power to maintain them all (all specs are not provided, only says something about Core i7 — Haswell 4,4 Ghz CPU). It was cheap and I decided to try it. Next time will try something else. On another servers I dont have such issues and almost everytime get boss death animation as it should be, without lags and freezes (4.5ghz 6600k, 1070, SSD), so thats why I thought that it is server settings problem at the first place.

2) Okay I get it, probably they are modded, cause I see the difference. I like SUI and HOE, but my friends dont have suitable perk levels to play these difficulties at the moment, so that is why server is running on HARD mode and bothering me with doubts :)

Thanks for answer!

Upvote 0