• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated Server Problem

KOcaineADDICT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2018
Greetings,

I have a problem with my dedicated server, first of my friend can connect to my webadmin and the port is open, i did a port forward on the 8080,7777,27015,20560,7780,27018 as you can see i even tried different ports with the same end result. I validated it through steamcmd even tried to redownload the whole server couple of times, tried to disable windows firewall completely, even tried to enable DMZ in which case my friend was still able to connect to webadmin and still it showed only in lan i called my isp they don't block those ports and i tried to host killing floor 1 server and what do you know it worked and showed in server browser and ppl could connect with my wan ip. Dose anyone have some other ides to try? Oh and server is only showing on lan tab and i can connect via my local ip

Update: I tested killing floor 1 again today and it is not working it shows my lan ip, i have static lan ip so idk what is happening.

Last edited:
When you install a local server, it shows in the LAN tab, that is perfectly normal. What is the problem? What ports do your game server use? If you change the game port the other ones will also change unless you also specify them in command line. Give more info and explain exactly what is the problem as I don't see any problem: your friend can connect to webadmin, multiple time, and you see your LOCAL server in LAN tab in game.. two normal things lol. So I think you need to explain better as currently, all is OK for me.

Upvote 0
Oh, lol the problem is that the server is not showing in server browser only in lan and only i can join none else, using these ports
Game Port: 7777
Query Port: 27015
Steam Port: 20560
Web Admin: 8080
I tried to specify them in bat and even change them to ports someone recommended but still won't show in server browser.

Upvote 0
For you it will not show in server browser I think unless your router makes some magic (not sure) but if it shows in LAN for you, this is good. Test your server here and see if it replies to queries from the internet https://www.gametracker.com/servers/ or give your external IP and I'll test from my computer. As you already know, if the server ports are opened and forwarded to your local IP everything should work. Did you try to bind the server on specific IP (local or external IP?) with -MultiHome=IP.IP.IP.IP in command line?

Upvote 0
I just went on gametracker/servers and added my server there it says it is online https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...224.39:7777/b/ so i guess everything works? And i didn't do -MultiHome=IP because i don't have static external ip and i thought that is for hosting multiple servers should i try it?

*Update: After 1h(or more) of server running it showed itself to my friend on server browser and he was able to connect so did other people too so i don't know what was causing the issue of not being able to connect to it in the first place because i didn't change anything. Thank you for your time i hope i won't run into more problems with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0