• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Opening UDP ports on PFSense

ss1gohan13

Mar 29, 2015
Hey all,

So I've been going a little bonkers lately about setting up my Killing Floor 2 dedicated server behind a PFSense firewall. As far as from what I can tell, all of my NATs/Rules are set up, but for the life of me, there are a couple of things that are happening that I cannot explain and am hopping to get some guidance.

1. The dedicated server does not appear in either the Internet browser or in the LAN browser. I have also tried manually added the server into the Steam Favorites menu, but it only shows up as <Not Responding>

2. I can join the server by manually typing in the local IP address of the server, but when I check the log files of the firewall, it appears that it has allows me to join via my public IP address and not my local IP address.

3. When testing all of the UDP ports from the PFSense router, I can only get TCP port 8080 to validate and allow traffic to pass. All other UDP ports fail to connect.

4. To eliminate any kind of issues with the dedicated server, I have disabled all firewall activity in the server to prevent any kind of stoppage from the computer itself.