• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Gameservers - Rented server keeps restarting randomly by itself

SmokuZnadPotoku

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2018
Welcome everyone.

From about a week I have strange problem on my rented server and I don't know exactly what to do with it. My server restarts at least once per day randomly, by itself. I've already written to the Support of Gameservers but they don't know what's the problem, they just gave me a proposition to set up a new server in new location. I already tried to move the server to another location but the problem still occurs.

I'm really tired of having such "fun", I just want to have server which will work normally. Could anyone help me with this or maybe I should just abandon Gameservers and find another, better page for renting server? I already had too many problems in too little time with them.

Thanks in advance

SmokuZnadPotoku;n2323072 said:
Except for adding custom maps I also added two great mods:
1) CD
2) ZedTernal
I had to make few things with Config files so those mods could appear in WebAdmin but I doubt it's their fault, cause the server was running normally then. Or maybe it's their fault?

This is pretty much what I expected in the response - mods. :)

I don't want to assume you're new to running a KF2 server, but I know I struggled A LOT with getting my server to work right while using them. May I suggest trying to remove the mods and restore to default and at least confirm the server works properly in that state.

If yes, I would do some additional research into installing and running those 2 mods to make sure you didn't overlook something.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0