• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server webadmin randomly stops responding on Linux

bviktor

Oct 9, 2017
I think this started around the Halloween horrors update, but I'm really not sure. Back in the day, it worked perfectly and reliably, but ever since this problem first occurred, it consistently keeps happening.

When I navigate around in webadmin, sometimes it stops working. That is, it won't load any pages anymore. That is, until I either restart the whole kf2 service, or the match ends and a new one begins.

Am I the only one facing this? I can't even say it's just me, my friend also regularly uses it, and it happens to him, too.

I never had such isssue with my server. Only time web admin doesn't respond is when server is crashed which just does not happen..
Are you sure you do not have anything conflicting with your webadmin port (tried another port)? Is the server perfectly working (you can play on it without any issue) when the webadmin is not responding anymore? Nothing special in logs? Tried reinstalling a fresh vanilla server? Anything special installed on the server?

Upvote 0
I'm sure, nothing else listens on port 8080.

The server is working perfectly, we regularly play games while webadmin is not responding.

Yes, reinstall from scratch didn't help at all. Not even on a new VM.

Nothing "special" installed on the server.

I don't know what to look for in the logs, it prints tons of messages constantly.

Upvote 0
omano;n2321877 said:
Still you can try things.. like trying other ports.

You run your server on a Virtual Machine?

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here, ports are just ports, they don't have different attributes, just a port number, I don't see how using the same thing on another port would change anything :)

Yes, it's a VPS, hosting it at home would make little sense. It runs on CentOS 7.5, but like I said, this occured after a KF2 patch, not after an OS update.

Upvote 0
Honestly, right below this post is my post about the same problem. Look for "Too many connections - closing down Listen" in your log file. For a work around you can try going into the KFWeb.ini file and edit the line that say Max connections from 18 to something much higher and see if that clears up the problem.

FYI: I host my server at home :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: bviktor
Upvote 0
jrose78;n2321949 said:
Honestly, right below this post is my post about the same problem. Look for "Too many connections - closing down Listen" in your log file. For a work around you can try going into the KFWeb.ini file and edit the line that say Max connections from 18 to something much higher and see if that clears up the problem.

FYI: I host my server at home :confused:

Dang, that's not a bad idea. I've increased it to 64, will see how it goes, thanks a lot!

Upvote 0