• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Too many connections - closing down Listen

jrose78

Jun 12, 2016
I am running KF2 Server on Ubuntu 18.04 and everything runs fine but (<---- there is always a but) I noticed that my KF2 Webserver would stop responding shortly after starting the server so I checked the logs and I get this:
ScriptLog: WebServer: Too many connections - closing down Listen
Now this is odd because of 2 reasons 1. the KF2 webserver interface is only local (no port mapping to outside) and 2. I am the only one using it
So I check my ports and what i found is interesting . Just by bringing up the web interface login page it creates 11 separate ports in Time_Wait State. Any Ideas on what might be causing this. I have increased the max connection in the KFWeb.ini from 18 (default) to 250 and the problem has gone away as the ports quickly close.

Last edited:
That is weird. Never seen that log message anywhere in my own logs or in any thread here. We can access the webadmin from multiple people at same time without any problem on my side... So I don't think you 'fixed' anything, but I think that you accidentally found a workaround for a problem you didn't identified, and problem is still here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0