• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated Server Help

FC-NoHeroes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 17, 2018
I would appreciate any help as I'm at a standstill.

I've been running a KF2 server(FaTaLCuRE, KF2 Missouri, USA) with no problems for a while now. The latest update was installed with no problem at all. On Thursday of last week, we had a power outage here. Everything came back on, and I realized my server had been shut down. So I launched the program again, and it fired up so I thought nothing was wrong, then I noticed webadmin wouldn't connect, and the server was gone from the server browser. It does show up on the LAN browser.

What to know about my server set up: A cable internet connection comes into the modem in the basement. This is connected to the basement router which provides wired access for the basement. Up one floor in the living room is a wireless router which provides wired/wireless access for the rest of the house. The living room router is connected to the basement router via hardline. The KF2 server is run off a living room pc that is hardlined into the living room router.

Whats been done so far: All of the port forwarding is set correctly on both routers. It had been running fine before the outage on 7777, 8080, 20560, and 27015. I tried setting them to different ports and that still didn't work.

I did a validate option from steamcmd hoping that if there was an error on the .ini's it would be repaired, and that didn't work. Doing a complete reinstall didn't work either.

I tried running a server from my gaming machine in the basement which is hardlined into the basement router, and I was able to connect into webadmin from the living room router. However, when I tried to join the server, it said that I wasn't able to connect because the server didn't have the latest update, even though I had just updated it from steam command.

The public IP has not changed. I did a whatsmyip query and then compared it to the one it had before, so that has remained the same.

I am able to connect to games on different servers from the client, and I have internet access with no issues from all computers in the house.

If anyone can help I'd love to get this server back up and running. Thanks!

it said that I wasn't able to connect because the server didn't have the latest update

If you were opted into the beta Preview build, then you might have a bug where it stays on the beta even without the tags.
Try to delete the 'steamapps' folder within your game server root folder. Then do a normal, non beta, server update.

Upvote 0