• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server 1-2 sec lag on "DEFEAT"

matrimelee

Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2015
Hello there,
I have a problem with lag on my server (rented), and do wonder if the problem exists because of wrong values in the server engine or game.ini (I did some testing with variables, but reset them after testing, afaik), or just because the hoster provides ****ty servers.

The problem is thus:
The lag only appears when the last player of team receives the fatal blow. But instead of dying, the player model, and the zeds just continue to wander around for another 1-2 seconds, and then the "hit" finally registers, and the game continues, respectively, the player dies, and the zeds do their usual taunting.

edit: this also happens when you kill the boss. 1-2 lag, and then the boss dies, and you get the WIN message.

Last edited:
Do you also have a lag at game start, when player ready up and you have the countdown 3 - 2 - 1 - 0? it should start instantly after countodwn is done at game start. If this is also occurring on game start it is most likely the computing power which is not really good, buut if you have no problem during gameplay that's OK I guess.

But what you describe can also be on your own side, I know that since the 'Tragic Kingdom" update, when I kill the boss I have a one or two second lag/freeze but this is the game, the client which has this problem (and this is with high end hardware..).

So is it graphical 'lag'/freeze or is it really server lag? you should make sure of this (enable the FPS counter with console by pressing F3 to open console and type command STAT FPS or enable the Steam client FPS counter, that may help to see if you have FPS drop or freeze)

You can share your server address too if you want to have people hop on and see if there is same issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0