• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Inability to connect: LAN

Zerithos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2018
So, I have the server running now. However, people on my local network can't join. People outside the network can join. At first I thought it might be port access, so I tried the most cited method, coding ports 7780 and 27018 into the kf2 server. I checked multiple times to make sure that I coded those correctly.
But, the kicker is that actually with those ports being required, now nobody was able to join. However, that issue I'd like to sidestep. The other friend I share the network with has had no problems connecting to me on any other game. I'd like to think it an issue of forwarding, but that's why I forwarded the ports on my COM. So nobody else has to.
I also recommend they try to find the server through Steam. It does not show there either. At this point I don't know what the next troubleshoot is.

Did you give the users your local IPv4 address? If you're hosting the server on your local computer you need to give anyone who is on the same router your local IPv4 address. Here's how to grab it:
Windows:
Open Command Prompt (Windows Key + R, Type cmd). Type ipconfig /all In the results of that you should see a ton of information about the devices connected. What you're looking for is your IPv4 address under the device that is connecting to your router. Mine looks like this.

Upvote 0