• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Change Listen IP of WebAdmin (only)

doctorrock

Sep 14, 2012
Hi.

I'm actually stuck with a problem.

The WebAdmin HTTP server seems to listen on the same IPs as the main game process (mainly, 0.0.0.0 if one doesn't change it)
Not being able to change the web server listen IP (only) is a bad security practice.

I would like the Web Admin HTTP Server to only listen on 127.0.0.1 interface (whatever the port), so that it cant be accessed by external traffic ; but AFAIK , that doesn't seem possible actually.

Are there any plans in the future to improve that ? Or perhaps I missed the option ? :)

Thx.

mmm yes, but not only localhost.

My machine actually got several external IPs : IP1 , IP2 and IP3.
What if I want the game to run on IP1 , but the webinterface on IP2 ? Having IP2 routed into an internal network not accessible from the Internet ?

Perhaps an improvement for a next version ?
Under Unix, a process can tell which interface it wants to bind, aka on which network and IP it wants to be accessed. Here, we cannot change that (at least for WebServer , which is tied to the game bound IP, itself being changeable).

Upvote 0