• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Players are unable to download maps from my server.

bubon1c

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2017
I have had a private server running for a while now that me and my friends use. I recently tried adding some custom maps to my server from the steam workshop. I followed the instructions from the dedicated server wiki for kf2's dedicated server. But me and my friends are unable to download the maps when trying to load into the server if we don't have them installed before hand. It will say in a black box in teh bottom left of the bottom left of the screen "Downloading XXX and then the percentage box is just left empty. And the map just never downloads.

these steps were followed EXACTLY. I thought this might have been the problem but i dont think it is.

1)Make sure that the server is not running. If it is running, the Workshop setup will be overridden the next time you restart the server. 2)Find the section [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] in the PCServer-KFEngine.ini config file. 3)Add the line "DownloadManagers=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.SteamWorkshopDownload" to that section. If there are other "DownloadManagers=" lines, make sure this one is the first. 4)Do not delete anything from this section, except (optionally) other DownloadManagers= lines.

There's no download percentage (at this time) so it's likely the map is downloading but there's just no feedback. Unless you're getting a mismatch or opening file error, are you?

You can check my Steam guide HERE and go to the section for installing custom maps. It covers what that wiki explains but more in-depth with screenshots so maybe it will help if you made any mistakes.

Also, be sure you added a data store for the custom map inside PCServer-KFGame.ini and it matches the filename exactly.

Code:
[KF-BikiniAtoll KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-BikiniAtoll

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you followed correctly wiki it will work, it is just that now you can't know the progress as said above, just wait until it finishes (look in steam workshop page the file size and estimate how much time it will take, you can also verify it is download by opening the resource monitor and look in the Network tab, order by the download or total column and you should see that it is transferring).

Upvote 0
  1. Make sure that the server is not running. If it is running, the Workshop setup will be overridden the next time you restart the server.
  2. Find the section [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] in the PCServer-KFEngine.ini config file.
  3. Add the line "DownloadManagers=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.SteamWorkshopDownload" to that section. If there are other "DownloadManagers=" lines, make sure this one is the first.
  4. Do not delete anything from this section, except (optionally) other DownloadManagers= lines
  5. i think you forgot to fix the download manager

Upvote 0