• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server problem, KRAMPUS LAIR map and FLOATING when joining

Hiikeri

Apr 27, 2015
Finland
We have updated ours dedi-server files @Steam > 2 times now, after that all other maps and ~50 custom maps works nicely.

Server works flawlessly with ALL another maps, choosing > Krampus Lair and you can only floating there. You cant even go back to KF2 main menu (ESC). Only option is CTRL+ALT+DEL...

If we choose a new map "Krampus Lair", player just floating there, no server welcome screen, no ready up screens. Player just can float in the air just like an after dying and choose floating in the air.

Also every textures all around you is totally blurred.

Last edited:
I think I am having the same or a very similar issue to this. I start my server up, on so far any map and when I go to join I just get a camera view that is blurry somewhere on the map. Sometimes underground. No way to get out of the game. When I log into my server I can see that the Killing Floor 2 server command window has frozen with the following error.

KFServer.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point K32GetModuleFileNameExW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Then when I click Ok on the error, my client that is trying to join the server will finish joining. I have tried updating SteamCMD and also the Killing Floor 2 server with no luck. Hopefully this is a simple fix.

Upvote 0
omano;n2311049 said:
Verify server files with SteamCMD. Try installing redistributable again from /Binaries/Redist as admin. First UE3redist, then vcredist_x64, then NDP451-KB2858728-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU

I have verified the files and tried reinstalling all the redist as Administrator, restarting multiple times. No luck. I then tried deleting all the game files apart from my cache folder with maps and made a backup of my config files. Reinstalled from steamCMD and starting the server with default configuration and the error still persists.

When a client connects to the server and the error is displayed there are the following lines directly after seat player.
[0095.82] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0095.82] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0095.82] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'

Could this be the cause?

Upvote 0
omano;n2311079 said:
Start with FRESH SERVER to eliminate all problems related to workshop content, rename your whole server folder to something else and reinstall a brand new server and see if problem still occurs. Also maybe share the most details possible like the command you use to start server, the complete log file, or any relevant information.

I have downloaded and installed a fresh KF2 Server, the error is still present. The specs of the server are Windows Server 2K8 R2 64 Bit, AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.10 Ghz, 6GB RAM.
Launch parameters are as follows. start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=123?gamepassword=****

Here is a Pastebin link with the log file output. https://pastebin.com/PhHpAyJM
I don't see anything in the log that stick out. I am thinking I may have to do a reinstall of the OS but I would like to avoid that. Any other ideas? Also thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it was intentionally removed from the map list but Krampus Lair doesn't show up in webadmin at all, I can't switch to it or add it to the map cycle.

I did have it in the map cycle before but still couldn't switch to it using webadmin. Players had to vote to go to it and now it doesn't even show up anymore. The map itself is on the server, the only way I can switch to it is to be in the game, log in as admin and use "admin open KF-KrampusLair". When doing this everyone gets kicked from the server and they have to join back in again.

When it does load however, I don't see any of the issues others have mentioned in this thread. The map loads fine and everyone loads in fine.

Upvote 0
Ours server (Fragnet) get an, lets say "Spectating bug" today also when we were playing on it, voted on another map and when server loaded a new map, it was "floating".
3 times today, i do Steam files verifying already at 3 hours ago, just after 1st floating situation.

It goes also "flying state" after server was empty and it chances a map.

Today it also happens when we were playing and after map we voted an a new custom map, an new map it was "floating".

Its not a custom map situation, after restart server, server works nice on any custom map.

Newer happened before Christmas "Krampus" update!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0