• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Wired User Connection Issues

jormilos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 9, 2017
Hey, So I'm relatively new to this entire process (Had a working server once, but the problem with this one seems to be beyond my comprehension), and I'm having some issues.

For some odd reason, Wireless connections, be it through phone mobile data and wifi, or computer wifi, can connect to the webadmin for my server (for sake of my own sanity, I'm going to go ahead and assume if people can connect to the webadmin, they can connect to the server itself, since I have all the ports open), but if someone tries to connect via Wired connections, they can't seem to connect. I'm baffled as to why my server or router is blocking only wired connections, and I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can assist me with this problem.

I'm using a Netgear R6400v2 as my host router.

Hi, I need some background info on that. Are these machines connected to the same port on the router or are they connected to a switch, which is itself connected to the router? If they are all connected to different ports on the router, you might have to change the interface modes on the router (I couldn't be bothered to read up about the router's features) from routing mode to switching mode. Each port might have their own, isolated network. The wi-fi is probably bridged to the ethernet port eth0.

Upvote 0