• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Does Chat logging also log others for using teamsay on Survival/Weekly Mode?

Ghostrider231

May 25, 2015
I'm wondering this while hosting a Survival/Weekly mode server, because i've noticed the chat console only shows others using the 'say' command, but not anyone using the 'teamsay' command.

I mean you can hear the teamsay in-game but not in the webadmin interface.

AFAIK, I've noticed that there were no threads related to this.

What the 'teamsay' command is (Example):
----------------------------------
<TEAM> Player 3: Hello
<TEAM> Player 3: This is a teamsay message, so the webadmin cannot hear me!
----------------------------------

If there is an option for teamchat logging, please tell me where that is.

It could be possible for Trolls to get away with it because they can just use 'teamsay' the whole time.

Last edited:
Webadmin->Webadmin Settings->Chat logging

will create chatlog file.

from the look of code in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\Development\Src\WebAdmin\Classes\ChatLog.uc I would say it would log the team chatlog but I'm not an expert. simply do a test, join a game with a friend, both say something in public then in team chat, read the log file then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2308381 said:
Webadmin->Webadmin Settings->Chat logging

will create chatlog file.

from the look of code in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\Development\Src\WebAdmin\Classes\ChatLog.uc I would say it would log the team chatlog but I'm not an expert. simply do a test, join a game with a friend, both say something in public then in team chat, read the log file then.

Just tested recently,

Chat logging doesn't log teamsay still, but still logs public as always.

Chat Logging is indeed checked enabled on webadmin and ini.

Ran a quick survival mode and had my friend use say then teamsay. This is what it is.

Short View:
-----------------------------
--- OPEN 2017/11/08 - 10:28:22
2017/11/08 - 10:28:22 Player 3 (removed steam hex id) Gamemessage_3 0 Player 3 is now on SURVIVOR Team
2017/11/08 - 10:28:38 Player 3 (removed steam hex id) Say 0 test
--- CLOSE 2017/11/08 - 10:28:57
-----------------------------

Same thing happens with me and a friend, no Teamchat Logging.

This is also from a validated server install too.

Upvote 0