• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Weird Issue with 2 Mutators - Sometimes Working and Sometimes Not

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Ok - my normal command line @ my server admin is as follows (and both mutators confirmed as working):

?Difficulty=1?GameLength=2?Mutator=ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,Mutator=KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2?MaxPlayers=6?MaxMonsters=60?

Now, if I try to increase the maxplayer value to anything - I've tried multiple #'s - the scoreboard mutator stops working.

I am finding this very odd and don't seem to grasp how to correct it.

My goal is to just bump the MaxPlayers to 8 and that's it. I should just need to change the 6 to an 8 and be done.. but that isn't working.

Any thoughts?

You don't add mutator multiple times. Add it once and separate it via a comma. Use the "?" when adding certain launch parameter keywords. Your launch line should be: ?Difficulty=1?GameLength=2?Mutator=ClassicScoreboa rd.ClassicSCMut,KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2?M axPlayers=6?MaxMonsters=60

Also there was some issues with the maxplayers, make sure you have the latest version

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wrote the exact command line you needed in the other thread, making obvious the comma by making it bold, and red lol and I even went for the correct mutator name and class for you to just copy and paste for the two mutators to work..

edit: our messages were deleted from the thread, I think it was the changelog thread (a guy came to announce that since the update his mutator scoreboard was white listed, pretty sure it was you who replied to him, then I replied to you to answer your question).. thanks TWI (I can't find my reply in my post history, unless I'm retarded and wrote the reply, and did not send it, it was deleted by moderator.. surely because it was off topic but seriously.. they can't reply on important thread but there are people to delete users messages when two or three messages in a thread are not on topic..).

Use CODE tag in forum instead of QUOTE to post command line or things like that, it will not add spaces inside words this way
Code:
?Difficulty=1?GameLength=2?Mutator=KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2[COLOR=#FF0000][B],[/B][/COLOR]ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut?MaxPlayers=8?MaxMonsters=60

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2307191 said:
OK that was maybe not you, I can't find my post anyway so I'm in doubt :D

I'll try these two mutators later maybe this weekend and see if I can have it to work properly.

Lol, no worries. It's not like I've never needed someone to tell me something more than once to get it through my thick head. :)

In regards to the 2 mutators, it really is kind of baffling.

If I leave the line, "as is", and have maxplayers at 6 the server shows in the browser with the little "X" icon to the left of the server name. The server's welcome screen states the server is "Ranked-Stock". Xp saves. Server admin confirms both muts are active and working.

If I change the maxplayer value to 8 the server shows in the browser with the little circle with a slash through it icon by the server name, when found in the browser. I had begun to wonder if my XP wasn't moving or what so I wrote down my SWAT's xp and ran through a game on Nightmare. Needless to say, when I left the server my XP went back to the value it started at. The server was still saying "Ranked-Stock", however, which is what I find strange.

Upvote 0