• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Something wrong with kf2maxplayer mutator?

ghost1

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2013
Can someone tell me which is the latest kfmaxplayer mutator for KF 2, and where I can download?I search on entire forum and I found old mutator KFMaxPlayers.u released by Marco and with this mutator my dedicated server don't work anymore.Something is wrong because I configure properly and is not the first time:

[KFGame.KFGameEngine]
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
ServerActors=KFMaxPlayers.KFMaxPlayers

and in folder brewedPC I add this mutator

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=675314991

webadmin bEnabled is set to true, but doesn't add server actor from console.Also I edit KF2 Server.bat and I add line: start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-Sahara?adminpassword=123?ServerActors=KFMaxPlayers .KFMaxPlayers

is useless and it doesn t work anymore like in the past.Also my version of dedicated server is up to date ver v1056

It doesn t matter if I edit kf2.bat or I start webadmin console I can t see more than 6 players....is weird
Thanks,

Last edited:
As a KF2 player with well over 3K hours, I have to say that I LOVE KF2. However, as a server owner (2) I have to say that I am very frustrated .

Three things that make our server more fun for us are:

1. Extra players
2. Max zeds
3. Auto kick of under perked players

Currently, all three of these things are being handled by running a white listed mutator (1 & 2) and a web admin mod (3). With the latest update, 1& 2 are not working right now.

Additionally, it would be nice for the scoreboard to allow for more than 6 players being displayed at a time. There is currently another mutator to change this, but it is not white listed.

If people from the KF2 community can develop these mods/mutators, I don't see why TW can't officially do it. It's much more useful than TW spending their time modding weapons to make them weaker (401), introducing a dosh vault or developing server takeover (when a listen server would have worked so much better.)

Edit: Giving credit where credit is due ... Zane (from TW) is the creator of MaxPlayer Mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The steam version you linked works. I'm currently running it on my server. Your command line is incorrect. ServerActors does not belong there. Read the description in the steam link you posted. I do have an issue running V2 on linux though, it gave me a segmentation fault. So for now I'm running the original version fine after the update.

Upvote 0
Slie;n2306729 said:
The steam version you linked works. I'm currently running it on my server. Your command line is incorrect. ServerActors does not belong there. Read the description in the steam link you posted. I do have an issue running V2 on linux though, it gave me a segmentation fault. So for now I'm running the original version fine after the update.

Would you post your command line?

Upvote 0
ok my fault,corect line is

[KFGame.KFGameEngine]
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
Mutator=KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayers

and in .bat file

start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-Sahara?adminpassword=123?Mutator=KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2?MaxPlayers=32?MaxMonsters=480

Now is working.

Upvote 0
In theory server must grab the updated workshop items automatically you shouldn't have anything to do. In theory, because I don't know if it is fixed but often server fails to see that workshop items has updated and then you have version mismatch on connect because your client is up to date from workshop, but not the server (and then you'll have to fix manually the server with this http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1485467&postcount=20)

Upvote 0
omano;n2306864 said:
In theory server must grab the updated workshop items automatically you shouldn't have anything to do. In theory, because I don't know if it is fixed but often server fails to see that workshop items has updated and then you have version mismatch on connect because your client is up to date from workshop, but not the server (and then you'll have to fix manually the server with this http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1485467&postcount=20)

In this case I didn't have to do anything - seems the server updated accordingly with the subscription in the config. Very cool.

I wasn't sure if it would be that simple. :)

Thanks.

Upvote 0