• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux servers randomly stopping and whitelist?

Slie

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
I ran multiple windows servers fine for weeks without any issues. I recently switched over to linux (CentOS 7) and not a day goes by where 1 or more servers don't go offline. Sometimes they stay up for a couple days, sometimes a couple hours. No errors in log. However this last line is consistent when a server goes down:

Code:
[37043.73] DevOnline: Advertising: PingInMs=0
[37043.73] DevOnline: Advertising: MatchQuality=0.000000
[37043.73] DevOnline: Advertising: GameState=OGS_InProgress
[37043.73] DevOnline: Advertising: SecondsDeallocated=0
[37043.73] DevOnline: Advertising: SecondsDeallocatedBucket=0
[37043.73] DevOnline: Advertising: Region=
[37052.32] Log: pushing to [analytics.tripwireinteractive.com:10000]

"Log: pushing to [analytics.tripwireinteractive.com:10000]" is always the last line any time a server goes down. No other information is present.

Anyone else with this issue?

Whitelist isn't an issue anymore. Already submitted a bug report about it

Server Specs:
CPU: i3 - 2130
Ram: 8GB
Bandwidth: 100 mbit up/down

Last edited:
My Linux server seems to work good but I think I had two error/crash/stops but it was because of my maplist containing map the workshop did not download because it is currently broken on Linux servers. Will watch it but nope seems to be good for me.

Also the log is good and not good at same time, it does not write in real time in it, it seems to need an xxx amount of data before writing to it. So maybe it is just 'bad luck' that you have similar lines at the end of log. What I mean is sometimes/often it does not write the proper log ending at the time it closes it.

Upvote 0
I run it remotely through ssh terminal so I can see the direct output to the terminal also. My servers have gone offline about 20 times now. And every single time the last line is: "Log: pushing to [analytics.tripwireinteractive.com:10000]" with no errors above it.

A couple times could be considered bad luck or coincidence but not every single time. I'm aware of the subscription issues however this happens on a 100% vanilla server with no subscriptions.

Upvote 0
Opening the port didn't help. There's nothing to indicate anything happening with the server to cause it to stop. It just seems to... randomly stop without warning. Not 100% sure but it may be happening more so during a map change. I've resorted to running a bash script to auto restart the server when it stops.

Upvote 0
What OS? give any relevant information if you want this to be looked at.

On my side my server stopped once, while running a custom map so I don't count it as a real failure (like on official maps), and log didn't show what the OP said, last lines of log were:
[185473.26] Warning: SpawnActor destroyed [KFPawn_ZedClot_Cyst_6] after spawning because it was encroaching on another Actor
[185486.35] ScriptLog: [ANIMINFO] WorldInfo.TimeSeconds mismatch! Resetting cooldowns.
[185486.35] ScriptLog: [ANIMINFO] WorldInfo.TimeSeconds mismatch! Resetting cooldowns.
[185488.92] Warning: SpawnActor destroyed [KFPawn_ZedClot_Alpha_4] after spawning because it was encroaching on another Actor
[185525.53] Warning: SpawnActor destroyed [KFPawn_ZedClot_Cyst_33] after spawning because it was encroaching on another Actor
[185542.59] Log: PlayCustomAnim Death_V2, CustomChildIndex: 1, Animation Not Found!!
[185542.59] Log: PlayBodyAnim Anim:Death_V2 Pawn:KFPawn_Human_96, Animation Not Found!!
[185581.62] ScriptWarning: 128.2629 KFPawn_Human_97 received ServerStartFire in Inactive State!!!
KFWeap_Rifle_Winchester1894 KF-DeathSentenceFinal.TheW

See what I said, log is cut before real server stop, the sentence isn't even complete..

Upvote 0
I got similar error as well (The random crash with no error)but with the lastest build (Halloween update). I've been running the previous build for 3 months but never actually get any crash at all and the same crash happened in less than 24 hr.
I also noticed there are a lot of script warnings coming out as well. Is this normal? screenshot below.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/lz54ldJKolCzTB0p/forums.tripwireinteractive.com

Upvote 0
Issue still persists post Halloween update. Still nothing in the logs as they cut off with "pushing to analytics"

However the few times I've been playing on my servers when they crash it seems to be as soon as the boss should die. The boss is still alive but they crash before the last hit that should have killed the boss is registered on the client.

Upvote 0