• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server problem entering server

error opening file => your file is not on the redirection server so client can not download it (and if your redirection server is a Linux one you may have a case problem so look for the web server error log and search for these files not downloading, and compare their real file name and the file name it tries to download, rename the real file name to match what client tries to download (there is surely in this case, an upper or lower case difference in the name)). If it takes a really long time to download it is surely because the file is sent directly by the game server and not the redirection server. Also I'm not sure but KF 2 server may not be able to redirect all mods files for client to download, I know there was problem just with custom maps which had a second package file (for example where textures and/or 3d models could be in), not sure if it is fixed now.

Upvote 0
omano;n2306152 said:
error opening file => your file is not on the redirection server so client can not download it (and if your redirection server is a Linux one you may have a case problem so look for the web server error log and search for these files not downloading, and compare their real file name and the file name it tries to download, rename the real file name to match what client tries to download (there is surely in this case, an upper or lower case difference in the name)). If it takes a really long time to download it is surely because the file is sent directly by the game server and not the redirection server. Also I'm not sure but KF 2 server may not be able to redirect all mods files for client to download, I know there was problem just with custom maps which had a second package file (for example where textures and/or 3d models could be in), not sure if it is fixed now.

Thanks for the help, friend, I'll take a look at my hosting, sometimes when the player tries to enter the server, the file download is stopped and only continues if you enter the server again.

Upvote 0
So this might be an issue with the redirection server (web hosting where you put the files to download for clients), maybe it fails to keep the connection. If client starts to download the file with correct web hosting speed, then it works and is correctly set up, so for me two possibilities:
- web hosting stops sending the file for unknown reason (then look in web hosting logs to find why maybe)
- the game itself loses connection to web hosting server, or stops download for unknown reason (game bug maybe? or maybe problem on the client side on his computer?)

Upvote 0
omano;n2306159 said:
So this might be an issue with the redirection server (web hosting where you put the files to download for clients), maybe it fails to keep the connection. If client starts to download the file with correct web hosting speed, then it works and is correctly set up, so for me two possibilities:
- web hosting stops sending the file for unknown reason (then look in web hosting logs to find why maybe)
- the game itself loses connection to web hosting server, or stops download for unknown reason (game bug maybe? or maybe problem on the client side on his computer?)

I managed to resolve friend, mutators name was different in redirect.

Upvote 0