• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Can't invite friends to server

theoverheater

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2017
I'm almost 90 percent certain that I have every aspect of this server set up correctly. However, I can't invite my friends through the steam overlay. The option is just not there, and even if I try to invite them using the game UI, it just tells them I am not in a joinable game when they accept the invite. The strange thing is, they can connect just fine using the console. The server is also viewable and joinable by other people in the public, because I've had random connect in the middle of the game before. Is there just some value in the files somewhere that I'm missing?

Aurien;n2304991 said:
Is this server on the same network as you? And if yes, are you connecting to the network via the LAN or WAN? If you're connecting via the LAN, that's why your friends can't join.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the response! Yeah, it's on the same network as me. My friends CAN join, but only via the console, which is also how I connect. Would that count as LAN?

Upvote 0