• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Customize announced output IP of server

doctorrock

Sep 14, 2012
Hello.

I got 2 Internet connections at home. CON1 and CON2, both NAted just right.
My default gateway is CON1 , but I can flap it in my router. I usually use CON2 for incomming requests or other kind of traffics.

With KF2, the process seems to autodiscover the public output IP that is used (using the src-addr of the IP paquet I suppose) and bind that latter with the steam master servers.
That means that to me, everytime I start the KF2 server, it binds itself to the public IP of CON1 , and I get incomming traffic from CON1.

Question : How to make it bind on CON2 ?
This has nothing to do with multihome option hun, multihome is about resolving the local IPs , I'm talking about the public ones.

If it is not possible, could someone tell me the IPs that get contacted from my server to steam ones ?
That way I can route that traffic to CON2 in my router. I could guess that by analyzing the output traffic of my server, but if a cool soul here could prevent me from doing so ... ^^