• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server KF2ServerTool - Easy way to add/remove/update maps in your dedicated server

darkdks

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2017
Killing Floor 2 - KF2ServerTool

newScreen.png

This is a tool that I made to install the server, add, remove, force update of maps and mods in your dedicated server without spending time and patience editing files, entries, cache and restarting the server many times.

With this tool you will just browse workshop or paste an URL or ID of map and click in a button, and the application will do all for you (download the map, add the server subscription, add the map entry, the map in cycle of maps and the server redirect if needed. You can also force map or mod update that is outdated and reinstall an entire item.

The app include some extra features too, as a server launcher and a status of workshop download manager. If it has not installed the app can do it for you.

How to install / Use
- Extract the all the files from zip to server folder (same folder that you have a .bat to start the server) or start the application and follow the steps to install a new server or configure the path.

If you had never added a map or mod from workshop follow these steeps(blank server)
- Start the server at least one time to generate server configs files
- If you had never added the line for redirect the clients for download from workshop, check the "Server" tab in the tool and click at the text "Install" to install the Workshop Download Manager.

Attachments

• newScreen.png
    newScreen.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Great job. I'm currently doing this with an excel sheet and a macro for my rented server, but still some manual work necessary. With this tool I could save a lot of time before uploading changes via FTP, if I manage to change the paths correctly.

omano;n2303034 said:
Nice work but I can't test as I run my servers under Linux. Do you have console mode (use of the tool in command line for example) planned in development to make use of the tool more easier in the future?

It seems to be written in Delphi (?). Could be compiled for Linux (there are tools for that). But depends on the libraries how complicated that will be.
Maybe it would be less work to port it to python or something like that.

Upvote 0
Patros;n2303046 said:
Great job. I'm currently doing this with an excel sheet and a macro for my rented server, but still some manual work necessary. With this tool I could save a lot of time before uploading changes via FTP, if I manage to change the paths correctly.

It seems to be written in Delphi (?). Could be compiled for Linux (there are tools for that). But depends on the libraries how complicated that will be.
Maybe it would be less work to port it to python or something like that.

Yes, you are right, that was done in Rad Studio formerly called Delphi.
i checked my units and i have a lot native functions of Rad Studio/Windows, so compiling this to linux is possible but i'm not sure if be the best soluction since there are many linux distribuitions, some people just dont use GUI at the server and this will require a lot of time.
A console tool for windows is too possible, i believe i will do this in the near future.

I guess a good soluction is make it possible to connect in remote server (with some protocol behind to get and edit files, maybe by ftp or ssh).
It will solve varius cases incluiding remote windows servers users. I have plains to make it possible in future, i just will wait some time to be sure people will use it, support and make it worth because this spend a lot of work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice work. Can't confirm the functionality, since I am also running my servers on Linux only, but it looks great. I considered making a tool when I had to use the Windows server variant, but had ultimately been too lazy.

I also suggest publishing the source code on GitHub or something like that, if you're comfortable with it. You probably will find people that can assist you so you don't have to do all the work on your own. But of course, that's up to you :)

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
forrestmark9;n2303526 said:
Doesn't work for me, always says it failed to find the Killing Floor 2 server, using UseCustomServerPath with the correct path does not work either

Sorry about that, it's a conditional error that i solved at version 1.0.5, this version i'll
upload soon with console tool too.
For now just edit KF2ServerTool.ini, the line CustomServerPath and place your server main path.

Upvote 0
darkdks;n2303579 said:
The tool is updated to 1.0.5, download in the main post. I hope this solve your issue.
If dont, have you sure you are placing the files in main server folder. Like here: http://prntscr.com/gbf8j1.

It works now but the GUI is really small and the text is hard to read. Window won't allow me to resize it, could be a windows 10 issue

Upvote 0
So, I was having the issue with files mismatch on Zeds Diner. Great map! Anyway while googling for the solution I found this tool, and it is just the job. Forced the server to re download, bingo! No more mismatches.

Thank you so much for this very valuable tool. I will be using it from now on.

Also, server starter is dead handy and adding maps and stuff, bloody marvelous! Thank You. Saved me hours at the keyboard!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hello, I have an issue where it says List index out of bounds (1)
at a point it also said -1 and 2 depending on different times I restarted the server. Does this program have a cap of how many custom maps it can load?
Once I hit okay the program loads and clicking on the main part gives this:
Access violation at address 004D810C in module 'KF2ServerTool.exe'. Read of address 00000258.

Reactions: darkdks
Upvote 0
ezekial;n2309643 said:
Hello, I have an issue where it says List index out of bounds (1)
at a point it also said -1 and 2 depending on different times I restarted the server. Does this program have a cap of how many custom maps it can load?
Once I hit okay the program loads and clicking on the main part gives this:
Access violation at address 004D810C in module 'KF2ServerTool.exe'. Read of address 00000258.

Ezekiel contacted me and we fixed the bug. Thanks to him for allowing i acess by team viewer to do a lot of tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: plasterinho
Upvote 0