• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Map Voting: Vote on Difficulty, Mode and Length

Patros

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
Does anyone know the webinterface parameter for game length? I tried ?Length=2 (thinking it would be 0=Short, 1=Medium, 2=Long) but that does not change the amount of waves.

I have a dedicated server with normal and custom maps. Players can chose between Weekly Outbreak and Survival in my map cycle (I didn't activate PvP, because I have only paid for 6 slots). I added some entries with game mode and difficulty parameters. Parameters like for instance:

Code:
KF-Nuked?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival
KF-Nuked?Difficulty=3?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival

It all works so far, except for the game length.

I like my server to always run on Long (10 waves). When you vote for weekly outbreaks the game length is changed to whatever length the outbreak is set to. That is fine. But as soon as you vote for survival mode again the game length stays at 4 or 7 waves.

Example from my map cycle list (in basic edit mode in webinterface) :
Spoiler!

The idea is that you can vote for maps in the STOCK MAPS and CUSTOM MAPS lists without changing the game mode. You change the game modes in the other lists only. That way I don't have to copy the whole map list again.

And as I wrote already that works fine so far..except for the length.

PS: When people select a category as a map (for instance voting for "---- CUSTOM MAPS ----" the entry is not recognized in the map list and defaults back to BioticsLab. So no problems there.

Last edited: