• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Multiple Gamemodes/Mutators on Server

DonCornetto

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2017
So I've recently rented a dedicated server and i'm continuing to add new maps/mods and other content as i figure things out. Launching mods through the command line i understand you can simply add a comma between each to run multiple mutators at once for example:

?Mutator=customtradermut.customtradermut,HL2Monsters.HL2Mut (will run both these simultaneously)

The question i have is I've noticed a few mods that are arguably mutators but in fact are listed as a game type, for example the KF1 weapons pack by [TW]Zane needs to be launched with:

game=KFGameHuskLauncher.KFGameInfo_Survival_WeaponPack

Is it possible to stack these 'game types' in the same way mutators stack for instance running unofficial endless mode with the above weapon pack and if so how?

You can only have one game type. Another example on top of what �omano stated is in the Unreal Tournament series (running on the same engine): imagine trying to run Capture The Flag and Deathmatch at the same time. It just doesn't make sense, and goes against what the game mode represents. Multiple mutators can be run simultaneously, but they may or may not be compatible with each other.

Typically a game mode will define the style of play (e.g. wave-based survival, capture the flag, deathmatch, etc.), and a mutator will merely alter particular aspects of the game play (e.g. insta-gib, slomo, bighead).

I already told [TW]Zane that he could easily add the weapons to the trader list using a Mutator instead of a GameInfo mod, but he hasn't bothered to change it over, so you'll just have to deal with it I guess.

I'm not sure what this customtradermut is, but it sounds like you could probably avoid needing the HuskLauncher game mode if you just add the weapons to the trader via the customtradermut. You might need to get the weapons sent to the clients though.

Upvote 0