• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Doubts about the connection/server tickrate

Epaminombas

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2017
I managed to create a server for the community, but I have some doubts;

My connection is 35Mbits download and 15Mbits Update. Which tick rate can I put, I can create more than 1 Server?

- Where do I change the tickrate or any value related to server connection quality?
-To create more than 1 server, takes up a VM with another OS? Can I create multiple server instances?

I created the doors in the "Virtual Servers Setup " into my router, I need to create them in the "Port Triggering Setup "?
In the game I can only find my own server for the LAN tab and not the internet, is this normal?

15Mb should be plenty for more than one server.

Leave the default server tickrate alone.

You do not need to setup a VM to run multiple instances of the game server. So many different ways to do this. Using multiple config files under the same install or having more than one install are the two most common ways. If you only have one PUBLIC (WAN) IP then you'll need to change the server's ports for each install/instance.

All routers are different but all you should have to do is just forward the ports on your router to the LAN IP:pORT the game is hosted on.

If your router has NAT Loopback option in it's settings somewhere enable it. Then you'll be able to see your server on the WAN/PUBLIC/Internet side.

Upvote 0