• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server FEATURE Request! The ability to move users between servers

I have 2 kf2 servers, one is on hard mode, the other one is on HoE

I would like the ability to move players from one server to another. If that is even possible. Sometimes newbies join the HoE and suck majorly. instead of kicking them, and having to ruin their gaming experience, I would like to be able to move them to my noob server.

also an ability to view logs in web admin would be nice, instead of having to dig thru logs in the server files.

I feel as though kicking them and transferring them to another server can be seen as the same thing. Personally, I'd be just as annoyed by getting kicked, as I would be getting forced into another server. That being said, I'd never join a Suicidal or Hell on Earth map at a low level, but people seem to love to do it.

I definitely understand the frustration of having a low level in a Hell on Earth or Suicidal map. Possibly make it so that in order to play Hell On Earth you need to be on a perk that is at least level 23-25? I don't know.

Upvote 0
omano;n2290808 said:
I don't even think it would be possible.

A good feature would be native minimum level per perk configurable in webadmin for each difficulty level.

I agree with this, but at the same time, I have ran into players with low level perks but who are highly skilled and can handle their own. a system like this would be unfair for those players. A feature would be configured like this: 1st scenario: low level perk joins, sucks, then team votes him off and gets sent to noob server. 2nd scenario: low level perk joins, does well, team votes to keep him in the server.

Upvote 0
Seems a over complicated feature (which I think is not even possible, transferring people from server to server) for an almost non problem, this is the same as simply kicking the player if he plays bad, but here he would go on a noob server he didn't want to join (on a map and difficulty he didn't choose, with maybe no one to play with) so double the pain actually with a layer of technical difficulties, if no slots to join for example. I personnaly don't like that request.

For the logs why not having them visible from webadmin yeah, like a live console.

Upvote 0