• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server not loading workshop map, instead it loads default map.

MixMakMax

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2016
San Francisco
Ok so I must say the story first. I created KF-HorzineOffices and before uploading it to the workshop I used to play it on my server and made my friends manually download it so we could play it, but now it's fully released and I added the workshop version on my server but when I try to load the map it won't load and instead it loads the default map (bioticslab). So I copied the workshop map version from the CACHE folder to the original directory I chose before I released the map which would be @Maps folder and it did load. So in conclusion the server will NOT load the workshop map from the Cache directory but instead it will load it from the @Maps folder. Weirdest thing is that I reinstalled my server and nothing works, is there a file that tells the server the directory to use to load my map?

Looks like you solved your problem. It is correct that Cache folder is not actually used. I have to copy it to the brewedPC/Maps folder. It seems like a waste of space. I am not sure about the rules of Workshop published maps so I dont put them on my redirect server. It saves a lot of space tbh to just use redirect server. TWI can fix this for workshop maps to be saved to the correct folder.

Upvote 0