• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Servers Stopping / Crashing since 1048 update.

I'll look when I get a moment, needless to say I have not have many problems with the servers until recently, so I never really had any reason to dig in the logs. And for an error / crash log, well, naming it launch is not exactly intuitive. I just asked here first since well, was curious if anyone else's servers where acting up.

Upvote 0
Actually none of my servers are crashing to answer to your opening post.

The Launch.log file is not the crash log, it is the server log file, where everything that can be logged is logged :) so near the bottom are often found the reasons of the crashes, and most of the time the crash itself.

In the meantime you can verify your server files with the SteamCMD tool by adding the "validate" thing at the end of the update command.

Code:
app_update 232130 [B]validate[/B]

Upvote 0
My latest launch logs if they will help

Code:
Log: Log file open, 11/26/15 00:14:08
Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file:  ..\..\KFGame\Config\KFLightmass.ini
DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file:  ..\..\KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFUI.ini
DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file:  ..\..\KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFGameStats.ini
DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file:  ..\..\KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFBenchmarking.ini
DevConfig: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\..\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini
Init: Version: 10897
Init: Epic Internal: 0
Init: Compiled (64-bit): Sep  9 2015 21:44:12
Init: Changelist: 1532151
Init: Command line: SERVER kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=(redacted for obvious reasons)
Init: Base directory: D:\kf2server\Binaries\win64\
[0000.27] Init: Computer: (redacted)
[0000.27] Init: User: SYSTEM
[0000.27] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
[0000.27] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.320310 MHz
[0000.27] Init: Memory total: Physical=31.7GB (31GB approx) Pagefile=36.4GB Virtual=131072.0GB
[0000.27] Log: Steam Client API not initialized (not required for servers)
[0000.27] Log: Automatically setting Steam query port to 27015 (server port is 7777)
[0000.27] Log: Automatically setting Steam port to 20560 (server port is 7777)
[0000.37] Log: Steam Game Server API initialized 0
[0000.37] DevOnline: appSteamInit: Steam Game Server UID: 0
[0000.37] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
[0000.38] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.38] Warning: Warning, Unknown language extension . Defaulting to INT
[0000.44] Log: CachePaths() took 0.06 Seconds
[0000.44] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM5
[0000.54] Log: PhysXLevel : 0

Upvote 0
for sure you have a problem with your system date.. "Log: Log file open, 11/26/15 00:14:08". Your log does not even contain the full start log unfortunately so we don't have anything to look at.

You can try to reset the config folder by deleting all the non DefaultXXXX.ini files.
You can try to reinstall the server in a new folder and see if it works with 100% fresh files.
You can give your server specs.
You can detail what you run on your server: is it a stock server, or do you run custom maps/mods/mutators?
you can try to start the server on NON DEFAULT PORTS especially if you run the server on same computer you play on.

EDIT: just saw that http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...21#post2281321 do you have same problem when running kf2 server in a normal way I mean without any extra tool (download server, start it with the .bat file)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got mine to stop crashing by turning off the Server Takeover feature. They were crashing every few days and now they have been up for almost 2 weeks solid after changing that.

Try doing that and see if it helps, though if this is whats causing it I suspect the devs will be curious why the servers are quitting or crashing.

It's pinned in a sticky in this sub forum.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...out-for-admins

Also side note, I wish that when you update the dedicated server it would not wipe out server configs. It keeps turning my web admin off when I update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0