• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Log: Attempting to update workshop files before logging in

fatlam1008

Sep 15, 2012
I just follow the step in tripwireinteractive to host a Dedicated server.

But once it show the "Init: Game Engine Completed", it will show:

Log: Attempting to update workshop files before logging in
Exit: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 shut down

Then i press Ctrl + C

The Error Summary show:

Log:Warning, Failed to load 'CHR_CosmeticSet06_MAT': CAnt find file for package 'CHR_CosmeticSet06_MAT' while loading ..\..\KFGame\BrewedPC\Packages\Characters\Cosmetic s\CHR_CosmetocSet05_MAT.upk

Log: Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D FX_GORE_TEX.FX_Core_Blend_ALL_D': Failed to find object 'Texture2D FX_Gore_TEX.FX_Gore_Blend_ALL_D'

Log:Warning, The Outer object<Package ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither? for 'ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern' couldn't be loaded [while loading package ENG_EngineResources_TEX]: Invalid linker index [couldn't load Package ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither]?

Log:Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern': Failed to find object 'Texture 2DENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern'

Log:Success - 0 error<s>, 4 warning<s>

I cant find my server via browser & Lan.
Wonder if anyone can help to fix~~

<PS: anyone know how to copy the log in the KFServer.exe? I just type by my self for the above information....>

Thanks for help!!!

You can install it wherever you want. and from what I see there is no problem with your server log. Those warning are 'normal' your server was running just fine..

EDIT: but there is a problem if you run steam on the same computer you run the server.. if you do so, start steam AFTER server is started, and all workshop items are updated, or it will fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0