• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Issues Launching Beta Preview Servers

Inkogneetoh

Mar 11, 2016
Hi All,

I've never had any issues running normal map and custom map servers. I've changed my steamCMD script to the following to try and upgrade to the Beta Preveiw:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\steamCMD\steamCMD.exe" +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\games\kf2server +app_update 232130 -beta preview +exit

After this, I've told it to launch all the servers as per usual (no changes to their lines). The game has updated and I've validated it more than 5 times now but upon each server launching I receive the following (taken from the logs):

Code:
[0001.88] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'CHR_CosmeticSet06_MAT': Can't find file for package 'CHR_CosmeticSet06_MAT' while loading ..\..\KFGame\BrewedPC\Packages\Characters\Cosmetics\CHR_CosmeticSet05_MAT.upk
I've checked that location and the file does indeed not exist. Validating or reinstalling the server completely has had no effect. It seems odd that its looking for a cosmetic06 inside a cosmetic05 materiaks UPK though...

Anyone else getting this?
---

To clarify, the reinstalls have been full reinstalls. Tried rebooting server multiple times. Servers were working correctly prior to my attempt to upgrade (leave them up 24/7).

Last edited: