• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Mismatch Version on steamshop map. Help?

Ok so I downloaded a map from the workshop (682290186) for a server that I admin at, did everything right (added it to the PCServer-KFGame.ini and the PCServer-KFGameEngine.ini) but when I went to test it like a week or 2 later I got a version mismatch error. Now I don't know how to fix it. I tried deleting the file in the cache but it doesn't "redownload" it checks and returns a 4 meaning it's just there and doesn't download. I deleted it from the ini files, saved them ran the server (it didn't check for it, obviously) then I added the code back and it still didn't download, it just checked and said everything was good. Help?

Actually there are two "cache" for the workshop items, one hidden in the Binaries folder, under different working directory, and the real cache folder under KFGame. It happens that it fails to detect a new version, this is a bug I hope they fix soon. In the meantime you can fix it with ducky's tutorial which is the good way to do it. Or you can do the way I did when I had problems too, this is a dirty way but works too :D: delete the Cache and Binaries folders (actually there are multiple folders to delete in the Binaries folder, but it is simpler this way :D), then validate files to redownload the Binaries folder, then start the server and let it download everything again, wait for the 'item state 4' for all items.

Upvote 0