• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Gets Players, But Not Showing In Browser

NightWolfx03

Dec 7, 2015
I'm hosting a total of 5 Killing Floor 2 servers, I am curious if anyone has any insight into the issue I am seeing.

There is another thread similar to this, but since my issue is different I am making a separate thread about it.

The 5 servers I have running are as follows

Local #1
NightWolfx03's Slaughter Pit
NightWolfx03's Sarlacc Pit
NightWolfx03's Gore Pit
NightWolfx03's Mosh Pit

Local #2
-=FloppyDrive=-

I get players on all of the servers, however all the server's at Local #1 will not show up in the server browser for me. I can see the one that is the original that is running on stock ports in the LAN tab. When the servers boot they all start without errors, and they all get a different Steam Game Server UID. The server at Local #2 is now showing up since I did a reinstall of the server, so I tried that at Local #1 and that did not help. This problem only showed up recently and the only other thing I can think of that has changed on my network is that I switched my firewall / router over to PFSense from using a cheap TP-Link Router. I am now wondering if this has something to do with it. Local #2 is still running on it's original router and I have no plans to change it.

As per suggestion in the other thread, I changed my start command lines, and rechecked over my configs and so far I have had not luck in figuring out why they do not show up in the browser.

Here are my start commands:

start .\kf2server1\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=NO -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -Multihome=10.0.0.24
timeout /T 10 /nobreak
start .\kf2server2\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=NO -Port=7787 -QueryPort=27025 -Multihome=10.0.0.24
timeout /T 10 /nobreak
start .\kf2server3\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=NO -Port=7797 -QueryPort=27035 -Multihome=10.0.0.24
timeout /T 10 /nobreak
start .\kf2server4\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=NO -Port=7707 -QueryPort=27045 -Multihome=10.0.0.24

I may try and swap to the dumb router tomorrow and see if they show up, if that ends up being the case then I am hoping someone can help me figure out what the PFSense router is not letting through properly

Anyone have any ideas ?

Attachments

• serverrcnt.jpg
    serverrcnt.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
  • router.png
    router.png
    93 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's a nightmare!!!!!! Tripwire should be very shamed with these. It's not the first time, probably will not be the last!!!

Same problem here.

Some people are seeing my server, others don't.

It's frustating!!!! They can't even log with ip and port address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understant why they don't implement listen server...

Really furious here!!!!

Upvote 0
New Developements.

It Appears that my PF Sense router is either blocking something / not running a service / or needs something else passed through for my Killing Floor servers to appear in the browser.

I am currently testing out a TP-Link router ( doing a product review ) and with just mapping the ports, my servers suddenly show up in the browser now.

I have UPnP turned off on it, so I need to figure out what Killing Floor 2 is wanting, that PF Sense is either blocking or not providing.

If anyone has any input into this I would be grateful as I desire to keep running my PF Sense router.

Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0