• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Workshop warning

steff

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2010
Russian Federation
chi100v.ru
Today I moved 100% working server (v.1021) from one computer to another, and get this message in console:
Warning: Warning, Workshop: Steam does not appear to be running. Unable to check Workshop.
and
Warning: Warning, appAuthConnectionClose: Failed because auth interface not available

These errors did not exist before, now server doesn't show up in the server browser.

Help me please...

Last edited:
I don't know, check integrity of server files with steamcmd validate, check if KFServer.exe is allowed in your firewall, check if ports are correctly forwarded to the computer where KFServer.exe runs, try to start with clean config files (delete config folder in KF server folder, verify integrity of server files with steamcmd validate, and start server once to generate fresh config files).

Upvote 0
awkward-4c0d6f5.png

Upvote 0
I've had this too for ages, I don't know if it is relevant or helps but running Steam Cmd and allowing that public access on Windows (10) firewall solved this issue for me. And btw, I run Steam, kf2 client and server on the same PC. As to the exact cause of the problem, it is up to Steam to publish, since only they can respond with what exactly all the requirements are for that error to be returned. Check f/w settings for kf2 server public, your PC's DHCP router IP address has not changed and the port forwarding is still correct. I had done all that, but would need confirmation steam cmd on the firewall (or any of it's dependancies) are relevant to this error from kf2 devs

Upvote 0