• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server creation and info: Help with wiki site.

Clearance

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2015
Denmark
Hello.

Didn't know where to post this.

I have very limited skills in editing the wiki site and have never really done so before.
Here a link to what i mean:
http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_(Killing_Floor_2)

... And I'm looking for a few things.

0. I'm probably looking for Yoshiro as i see he edited a lot of it, whoever and where ever he is?

but here goes...

1. Any guidelines to writing there or writing styles or do you just go at it at the most basic level or advanced. I see some people who've written there, I hope you see this?

2. Format and collaboration or anything going on with the pages - anywhere??

3. Does anyone check them, are are they the official place to go or will there be a more "main" site later on. Maybe on a KillingFloor2.com domain i don't know?

4. Streamlining the info, are anyone doing that from a developer team perspective. Editing so that things go well together from one topic to the next smoothly?

5. Thank you for the KF2 it's awesome, that was just about what I had to say right now.

Kind Regards,
-Clearance

0. I'm probably looking for Yoshiro as i see he edited a lot of it, whoever and where ever he is?

He's a TWI staff member and responsible for the communication with the community (next to a lot of other tasks).

A wiki page is an information source for all people. This means that the information there is for all people to read. Adding "personal" notes dedicated to you only isn't the way to go. Next to that do I advice to first learn the wiki syntax before making changes. There are several sites that host wiki scratch-pads. That is normally the place to start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He's a TWI staff member and responsible for the communication with the community (next to a lot of other tasks).

A wiki page is an information source for all people. This means that the information there is for all people to read. Adding "personal" notes dedicated to you only isn't the way to go. Next to that do I advice to first learn the wiki syntax before making changes. There are several sites that host wiki scratch-pads. That is normally the place to start.

Hey Ducky thanks for the quick reply.

I just added question "0" because I thought that was the best guy to ask about the wiki - in hope he'd see this. I've been setting up quite a few of the KF2 servers so i wanted to contribute to it all, with all the things I thought were missing from the guide. In order to help whoever might want to set up servers, to make things easier. I'm not really a forum kind of guy, so wondering if there was any guidelines to it.

I found it was a media wiki, I've set up a few of those before - mostly serverside and I googled my way to formatting and such. Here I was asking if there was any "Tripwire" guides or something to follow on editing. Any official statements etc. A "This is how we would like you to contribute guide" if you like.

Plus I just went there now and saw everything got reverted. I'm confused as to whether or not it's okay to add to it at all.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29&action=history

EDIT: I also don't want to come across as demanding or trumping what's already written or anything. I genuinely thought I was helping and had some valuable info to share about what I experienced you could do as solutions to things I went through. Btw. I'm a kind of straight-forward kind of guy. Hope this helps make me more human - I re-read it all and thought it was a bit cold looking. All respect to Yoshiro who wrote quite a lot of it. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0