• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server hanging at end of map.

Pointy

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
My server hangs at the end of every map, win or lose.

The web server is unresponsive when this happens and the server browser shows the server on wave 11/10. I am unable to rejoin and have to quit the server and restart it.

I am sure it has only started doing this since the last patch.

Any suggestions?

I noticed the same issues since moving to v1007. I have done a fresh install with little luck. Currently I just execute a bat job when the round ends so it will kill the server and spawn a new one with the next map.

Also there are a lot more warnings and errors in the logs and the server does take longer to boot up compare to v1006.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Are you hosting the server on the same PC you're connecting from? If that is the case, I had the same issue and solved it by changing server ports:

Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-voltermanor?difficulty=3?adminpassword=twifixteleporting -Port=7788 -QueryPort=27016

Don't forget to open/forward them on your router.

It fixed the issue for me, it appeared that game and the server were using the same ports 7777, 27015 and therefore conflicting. Let me know if it solved your problem.

Upvote 0
Are you hosting the server on the same PC you're connecting from? If that is the case, I had the same issue and solved it by changing server ports:

Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-voltermanor?difficulty=3?adminpassword=twifixteleporting -Port=7788 -QueryPort=27016

Don't forget to open/forward them on your router.

It fixed the issue for me, it appeared that game and the server were using the same ports 7777, 27015 and therefore conflicting. Let me know if it solved your problem.

Thanks for posting but my server runs on a separate PC. I am sure it's network related because of the last entries in the log. It would be nice to have some input from TWI though.

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting but my server runs on a separate PC. I am sure it's network related because of the last entries in the log. It would be nice to have some input from TWI though.

If it on another computer, is that computer on the same network ?

If it is, have you setup your router to forward all them ports to the IP of the computer your using as a server ?

Upvote 0
If it on another computer, is that computer on the same network ?

If it is, have you setup your router to forward all them ports to the IP of the computer your using as a server ?

Server PC is on the same network and all ports are forwarded correctly. I have run a KF1 server, TS3 server + many other game servers on this setup for years without issues.

Upvote 0
Well the server is still crashing as of version 1010.

The only thing I can see is that maybe it's a mixture of LAN/internet players. It seems to change map if I am on my own but always hangs if another non LAN player is connected.

Can anyone else with this problem confirm if they are on the same local network as the server?

Regards,

Les

PS. It would be great to get some dev input here.

Upvote 0
I'm on the same LAN as my server and I can always connect without issues. I have 5 KF2 Servers running on mine. All proper ports forwarded. I'm not sure what could be your issue. I'm going to look into your logs a little closer. I think I had a similar problem when I was initially putting a server online. It was port forwarding related.

Edit: If delete the default .bat file that comes with the KF2 server and verify files like 3 times in a row. I had a corrupted install before as well that verified fine 5 times before it noticed their was a problem. Can you compress your whole server and send it? Just wondering if it's a Server issue or a computer issue. It could be some kind of dll issue. Have you repaired VC 2010 Redist x64? and DX9 Redist?

Last edited:
Upvote 0