• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Installing KF 2 Server on Linux with WINE

My earlier post

My earlier post

I have figured out that my server is crashing from running out of RAM it seems after each match is played it uses about 100MB more of ram then after the match before that and it contiunes to grow after each match until i have to restart my server but i haven't figured out what its not clearing causing this yet but since i've seen no other complaints it seems to be something with my wine setup even tho i rolled back my OS and am using the same wine as the guide.

Upvote 0
I suggest restarting the server every day, to avoid any problem. Windows users also experience some kind of memory leak after a few days (>1G). I personally had servers started for a few days and did not notice a really big memory leak, but for a general rule, under WINE I restart every morning automatically.

EDIT: I think also if you do not restart your WINE KF 2 server daily, it will surely stop showing in the server browser after one or more days of uptime. This is surely a bug from WINE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I used Vmware virtualization to run servers - but I am not experiencing the leak at all.

Of course the servers are just as crappy - since virtualization adds extra load and extra lag. This is especially noticeable with Suicidal+ diff, zeds just tend to teleport mid-air and stuff.

I will try the Wine method (thanks OP), maybe it will lag less. Hell knows.

Ps.: THANKS Tripwire. After all the money we threw at the DLCs/TW games...

----
So I tried to make things work (Wine PPA 1.7 + Ubuntu 14.04 x64):

WINEDEBUG="fixme-all" DISPLAY=:1 wine kf2server_hard1/Binaries/Win64/KFServer.exe kf-bioticslab?difficulty=0 -port=7777
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 232090
Warning, Unknown language extension . Defaulting to INT
Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D FX_GORE_TEX.FX_Gore_Blend_All_D': Failed to find object 'Texture2D FX_GORE_TEX.FX_Gore_Blend_All_D'
Warning, The Outer object (Package ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither) for 'ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern' couldn't be loaded [while loading package ENG_EngineResources_TEX]: Invalid linker index [couldn't load Package ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither]?
Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern': Failed to find object 'Texture2D ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern'
^C1111

Warning/Error Summary
---------------------
Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D FX_GORE_TEX.FX_Gore_Blend_All_D': Failed to find object 'Texture2D FX_GORE_TEX.FX_Gore_Blend_All_D'
Warning, The Outer object (Package ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither) for 'ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern' couldn't be loaded [while loading package ENG_EngineResources_TEX]: Invalid linker index [couldn't load Package ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither]?
Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern': Failed to find object 'Texture2D ENG_EngineResources_TEX.Dither.dither_pattern'

Success - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)

Execution of commandlet took: 56.59 seconds

Any ideas?
:)1 is vnc.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0