• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server How to host a Killing Floor 2 Server

I found a bug ... probably

setting up multiple admins

I put the text AuthenticationClass=WebAdmin.MultiWebAdminAuth where it should be. Then start the server and stop it then edit my name and password for admin in the new files and when I start the server again I couldn't log in the web panel due to wrong user and password

Then I deleted that row and now me and my friends chat in the web panel working just fine. If anyone had the same issue I hope this will help.

Upvote 0

I put the text AuthenticationClass=WebAdmin.MultiWebAdminAuth where it should be. Then start the server and stop it then edit my name and password for admin in the new files and when I start the server again I couldn't log in the web panel due to wrong user and password

Then I deleted that row and now me and my friends chat in the web panel working just fine. If anyone had the same issue I hope this will help.

Ah, got it to work. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: well, never really got the multi-admin part working, but I regained control over my webadmin again :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You still use the password you set in KFGame.ini. You don't readd the main admin to KFMultiAdmin.ini, that file is for the additional admins you want to add.

Upvote 0
Server only found in lan tab

I've followed all steps, managed to log into web admin panel etc etc. Server is up and running, but I can only find it under the "lan" tab in-game. The dedicated server is supposed to be an online server, or am I mistaken?

Ports are open and forwarded, and they seem to be the exact same as the ones used in KF1 - where I can host games without any issues whatsoever, and people can browse them from the online server browser.

What do I need to do to let people find my server from the online server browser?

Upvote 0

I followed the tutorial and everything works as expected. Only issue so far is that I can't seem to find my server (neither can my friends) in the server browser. I can see it under the "lan" tab in-game, but none of us seem to be able to see it under the "browse" tab in-game.

What's up?

Also, the ports have been forwarded. They are the exact same as the ones used to host KF1 servers, and I've never had any issues hosting a KF1 server online.

Upvote 0
Lan issue resolved

Lan issue resolved

Ok, turns out that the ports actually weren't the same as the ones in KF1, even though multiple people confirmed it on reddit. Anypoo, it works now and people can join.

For you people who have the same problems I had, here are the ports you have to forward:

However... After three perfect games with my mates, the server randomly crashes without any errors whatsoever. The bat file is simply closed. I noticed that the window name changes to what is seen in the attached image below. The amount of players are just counting upwards, and if I simply run the bat file and let it run for about a minute, the number has risen to about fifthy.

Also, when the server was working as intended, the bat file messages stopped after line [0003.94]. And now when the server keeps crashing on us, the bat file is flooded with (at least how I interpret it) people trying to connect to the server (?).

Could this be the problem that is causing the crashes? And what can I do to resolve my issues?

Upvote 0
Oh, here's the image:
uN6StPb.png

Upvote 0
Doh

Doh

Hey team, dunno wtf I am doing wrong - I d/L the steamcmd logged in as anonymous typed force_install etc in my newly created D:\KF.
A directory appeared with a folder called 'steamapps' and one small file 'libraryfolders'.
The CMD then sat there doing nothing and no download / installation happened?

I have read and reread till the bovines return to the abode and I just can't see why it won't work?

Anyone? Pretty please :(

Upvote 0

Were you able to login to the webadmin with multiple logins? I have added and removed that line and I cannot login with the extra admin logins, same thing as you, when I have the AuthenticationClass=WebAdmin.MultiWebAdminAuth where it should be according to the wiki, I cannot login to my webadmin at all.

Upvote 0
Hey team, dunno wtf I am doing wrong - I d/L the steamcmd logged in as anonymous typed force_install etc in my newly created D:\KF.
A directory appeared with a folder called 'steamapps' and one small file 'libraryfolders'.
The CMD then sat there doing nothing and no download / installation happened?

I have read and reread till the bovines return to the abode and I just can't see why it won't work?

Anyone? Pretty please :(

create a text file called kfs_ds.txt and put this inside of it.
// update_kf2_ds.txt
//
login anonymous
force_install_dir ./kf2server
app_update 232130 validate
exit

and then create a shortcut of the steamcmd.exe and open properties on the shortcut and in the box target,
D:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +runscript kf2_ds.txt

that will run the script that is in kf2_ds.txt which you have already stated above, this is all in the wiki, but can be a bit confusing.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29

Upvote 0
Were you able to login to the webadmin with multiple logins? I have added and removed that line and I cannot login with the extra admin logins, same thing as you, when I have the AuthenticationClass=WebAdmin.MultiWebAdminAuth where it should be according to the wiki, I cannot login to my webadmin at all.

exactly the same is happening to me , looks like a bug .

https://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/screenshots/20150421191629598.png

Last night was funny, put up a server and it was instantly filled!

Only downside was server crashes due to high influxes of players trying to join / querying the servers.

That server in the buttom right was on about 180+ trying to connect / querying it.

you tricky bastard , share me how to have unlimited players on the server haha

#P.D -> waiting official answer about web admin bug

Last edited:
Upvote 0
create a text file called kfs_ds.txt and put this inside of it.
// update_kf2_ds.txt
//
login anonymous
force_install_dir ./kf2server
app_update 232130 validate
exit

and then create a shortcut of the steamcmd.exe and open properties on the shortcut and in the box target,
D:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +runscript kf2_ds.txt

that will run the script that is in kf2_ds.txt which you have already stated above, this is all in the wiki, but can be a bit confusing.

<a href="http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29" target="_blank">[url]http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29[/URL]

Thanks you so much for that - turns out that when I did the app_update thing the first time, I had fuzzed the directory, Now it's right.
I got it working and it is downloading - but the auto thing is a good idea, as I am sure we will be doing a LOT of it. :)

Upvote 0