• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Can't Play Airship on Xbox One

Aria Lilywhite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2018
So last night my game finished updating and I hopped on to play Airship for the first time. Well, the game starts loading, goes to a black screen and then boots me to the Xbox home screen. And anytime I try to play it whether it be online or offline, it will not load and it just crashes the game. My friends don't seem to be having this issue, and I have no idea what is causing it! Please help!

Greetings Aria Lilywhite , this is the first report we have had like this. Let's dig into it. So, you played before on XB and everything worked, then the game updated for the summer event and now when you start the game, it begins loading, but fails to complete loading? That sounds like an incomplete install. Is there a way to try to install the update again?

Update - you can uninstall the game from the game hub, then reinstall. That would pull down new copies of corrupted or missing files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello! Hi and sorry about not posting sooner, I sort of forgot I posted about my problem and got distracted. My game would crash while loading up the airship map itself, I would select airship in offline or online match and it would crash during the load screen, even if the map is picked during the map selection at the end of a match it still crashes my game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game after reading your post, and might try it again but when I tried to load up the airship map it went to the load screen and crashed again.

I'm a bit disappointed that I might not get to do the event at all at this rate. But I suppose it's fine if it can't be sorted out.

Thanks for the help so far anyways!

Upvote 0