• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console ZED-spawns are absolutely gamebreaking!

CarlPS4

Jul 12, 2017
So, I just died on wave 9 in a solo Hell on Earth game due to terrible ZED-spawns. I have read so many old posts regarding this issue, yet Tripwire still think this is acceptable game design. It takes all the fun out of playing solo when the game deliberately tries to kill you in the most unfair ways possible, rather than being challenging and fair. I recorded the ending of the game as proof and to convince you that I am not just a whiny player who died on his Hell on Earth run due to a lack of skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oneh3FFkT-s

Notice the second Fleshpound spawn. When I turn around he is in the middle of his spawn-rage animation, which means he literally just spawned there less than a second ago. There is like a 15 meters wide space between me and the edge of the map, which the Fleshpound was capable of spawning in. There was nothing blocking line of sight, the only reason I didn't see him pop out of thin air was because I had my back turned. You know there is an issue when you see a Scrake/Fleshpound before you even hear his spawn-warning.

After I managed to deal with two out of three Fleshpounds, I run through the tunnel and see a Gorefiend drop down infront of me (which is also a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible spawn point, but manageable this time). I run past him and before I turn around: notice how there are absolutely NO ZEDs in sight. I shoot a rocket at the Fleshpound and when I turn around again, I find myself being surrounded by Gorefasts. They had spawned like 5 meters behind me.

..and it has been like that the whole game. At some point I had a Scrake spawn 10 meters behind me out in the open, along with atleast 5 Sirens. 5! I could probably also have survived the end, but I wasn't thinking straight due to pure frustration. I have lost count of how many times the most inconvenient ZEDs spawn in the most inconvenient places, for example Bloats/Husks/Sirens spawning right around a corner (the narrow staircase on Burning Paris is a prime example of a bad spawn point).

I honestly don't feel like playing this game before this gets fixed. I am putting this in the bug report category, because I consider this to be the most broken aspect of the game (that and Fleshpounds/Quarterpounds ability to instantly rage without needing to go through an animation).