• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Possible settings fix

Deleted member 87733

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2017
Hello,

Today i became pissed off about the settings with KF2, i have over 40 skins for different and same weapons. I myself dread every time i boot the game up for a session because i need to reconfigure everything i checked or loaded skins. So within the last hour i would say i tried different combination of equiping character cosmetics with different characters, weapon skins, controller/ player configurations with perk selections and of course main menu setting and I get to were my settings get save from exiting the game after I enable everything I need. What i see that works is, too many weapon skins being equipped. I started with only 6 and my settings stay saved, try working your way up equipping 1 by 1 after each restart of the game, I am currently equipped with 9 skins.

I don`t know if it will work for everyone or it was just me but seem to have stopped having this issue.

I forgot to mention this was done on the PS4 console. It mite work for Xbox but i do not have one to test.

Last edited:
Thank you so much war.to.fame. I had the wrong impression why this was happening. I tested your theory & indeed the core of this issue is equipping an x number of weapon skins. I thought tripwire (because of you) was able to reproduce this, but to my disappointment (after reading a recent response on their twitter) they haven't. Please tripwire, we cant equip all of our skins because of this & no doubt we even paid for some of them to support your efforts in this game. After trying many combos as well, to me the reset bug happens when i equip around 24-25+ skins. I don't know if the number is different to other people though unfortunately. I REALLY hope tripwire finds a way to fix this on the next major update.

Upvote 0
I`m glad i could help out, its a drag reequipping everything and this why players dread coming back to issues like these and i`m sure TW will have the fix in the next major update. My thoughts, could be a memory issue for this.

I equipped over 25 weapon skins and i was ok. I did not adjust any settings, but once i configured my FOV, and gameplay settings it got reset.

So either there is a conflict with the skins and settings but i am able to have all my settings with about 12-15 weapon skins before it resets

Last edited:
Upvote 0