• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Recycling Duplicate Vault Items results in missing original item/crafting material

FearlessX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2017
When you recycle a duplicate item from vault crates, after the trader recycling animation plays through, the screen glitches and gets stuck. After you move left or right bumper, and go back to inventory, you are missing BOTH the crafting material that you should've received AND the original duplicate item that you recycled.

This is a huge problem because it takes 3 days of daily challenges to get a vault crate, OR 1 weekly challenge. This has happened to me 3 times already (I have gotten the briar facepaint 3 times, I am that unlucky, and no I don't vault crate glitch) and it really is disappointing because I put so much time to do this, and then POOF, all that hard work has gone to waste and you have LEFT WITH NOTHING.

I have spent 30$ on top of the 40$ I paid on release date to SUPPORT this game, and this really needs to be addressed.

Also I have not received my free 5 vault crates, please compensate and fix these issues!

Play on PS4 Slim

Last edited:
Reactions: LunaticMaster
omano;n2311322 said:
Never though that giving more info on the problematic account would give more chances for the problem to be looked at? Like the account name?

1. This isn't an isolated issue with my account, if you read around, another user posted posted "every now and then crafting materials just go poof when you disassemble stuff" - mikaelolsson

2. This isn't a support ticket, this is to make TW aware of this issue, why am I posting my personal information here?

omano;n2311322 said:
Magical spirit fixing your account right now..

Seriously? why need to troll on a bugs/glitches subforum?

Upvote 0
omano;n2311389 said:
It is important to track the problems on the affected account, as it seems you're like not even half a dozen users reporting the problem... Just common sense. This is not personal information this is your account name you dummy, I didn't tell to give your credit card number, just the account name affected by the problem.

Are you kidding me? Half a dozen users is not enough for this to be an issue? The people who actually post here are the most dedicated fans of KF2 on consoles.

You are just regular user on this forum, why would I post my PSN just because you told me, you are not a Mod. Get out of here troll, if you have nothing helpful to say, don't say it. Bird brain

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never said this is not an issue, I said that to help TWI track the issue more efficiently, you can give your account name as TWI staff most of the time ask, to track your account issue. You do what you want afteral, no need to call me troll when I use common sense and give you hints to help TWI fix or find issue more easily.

You don't like having possible interaction with 'regular users'? then do not post messages on a public forum and use the official support website.

Upvote 0
omano;n2311410 said:
I said that to help TWI track the issue more efficiently, you can give your account name as TWI staff most of the time ask, to track your account issue.

I have submitted multiple bug reports in the past and spoke with moderators, they will ask me what they need, if it means my PSN. You are not an employee at TWI, you don't know the proper procedure to handle bug reports, and this is not a support ticket.

omano;n2311410 said:
You don't like having possible interaction with 'regular users'? then do not post messages on a public forum and use the official support website.

I don't need troll interactions with the "magical spirit", and "ever thought dummy?" to incite negativity, rather than help and address the issue. You have been a member a long time, and if this is the way you conduct yourself on this forum, I am surprised nobody has called you out yet. If you actually wanted to provide legitimate help, simply suggest "It may help for your to post your PSN here" instead of your toxic attitude. What an embarassment this has been.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Actually I think Yoshiro's post the other day is about these issues, you even replied to it https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...granting-issue the thread do not talk about crafting materials but I guess the whole reward system is affected by the same problem.

Wait for the fix as it is holiday period you can't expect quick fixes. https://forums.tripwireinteractive....ort-ae/the-bug-report-ae/2311455-holiday-mode

In the mean time if people with the problem share to TWI their affected account name it may help have a deeper look in the issue on their side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been experiencing the same problem as posted in the opening post by FearlessX.

I am using a PS4 PRO.

At the bottom of my inventory list I have one vault crafting material, when I recycle an item unsuccessfully the material at the bottom of the inventory list moves to the top but only shows one crafting material with nothing added.

When I successfully recycle an item and I have two crafting materials I can craft an item using the two materials, which should leave no more crafting materials, however, when I scroll to the bottom of the inventory list, I find that I now have one crafting material again.

Most recycled items disappear, but I always seem to have one vault crafting material, the problem is getting two crafting materials at the same time.

Upvote 0
Just recycled another vault item, the one vault crafting material I had moved from the bottom of the inventory list to the top, it still says I have one, this was not a duplicate item. Another one lost.
What is the point of doing all of the Daily and Weekly challenges when the recycled items are lost and it just becomes a waste of time.
Not a happy camper!

Upvote 0