• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console New Weekly Outbreak not working

MHVS503

Nov 30, 2016
Now that the Poundemonium Weekly Outbreak is over, I have been trying to play the new one but it isn't working and doesn't show up on the objectives list. I know it is here because I was just playing it for over an hour in a private match with some friends. We didn't beat it so I want to keep trying myself but everytime i try starting a solo match, it just ends up being regular survival when the lobby loads. I tried to find an online match of Weekly Outbreak but it says no servers were found, even on "not started" setting. Like I said, I was just playing several matches of it with some friends and it was working fine but now it isnt. Not sure what it is called since it doesn't show up in the menu. Not even sure what the prize is, but it's the one where zeds get larger as they take more damage, and their health recharges if they stop taking damage, and they raise to the sky like balloons upon death.
Is it technically not out yet? And we just happened to get very lucky? Or is it glitching out? I know it's not my connection because I can see the Tragic Kingdom objectives, my inventory, and store. Plus I can find non weekly matches.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE #2:

Beat it again for the 2nd time and still no reward of any sort. I'm guessing that since this particular weekly outbreak hasn't showed up in the objectives menu for me yet, the reward cannot be earned yet as well. But I could be wrong, it may just be glitching out. I have seen that some people didnt get their Fleshpound visors from the last weekly outbreak, that could be happening to me with this one. I guess I will try again tomorrow and see what happens.

For anyone reading this and wondering, here is how I beat it.
Commando for the first 7 waves. (Save HE Grenades for Fleshpounds), then on boss wave switch to Firebug using Flamethrower and Incendiary Trench Gun. Since the boss can regenerate health constantly at a high rate, the fire will keep the health from regenerating enough for you to put out more damage than he can regenerate. Use the trench gun for all the other zeds and take them all out before attacking the boss again, that way you don't have to worry about him regenerating when you are shooting at other things. Seems fairly easy on solo, can't speak for online as I used demolishionist when I was playing earlier with friends, and that didn't work out as well as I hoped. Hope that helps.

Looking forward to playing again tomorrow and seeing if the objectives actually show up this time, and if I can actually get the prize for beating it.

Upvote 0
We are investigating this issue. Thanks for taking the time to report it.
If not receiving any drops at all please try the following:

Rebuilding your PS4 database can sometimes fix issues that seem to be occurring for no reason. The following are the steps to accomplish this:
  • Turn off the PlayStation 4 completely
  • Press and HOLD the power button. Release it after you've heard two (2) beeps. One when you originally press the button and one several seconds later.
  • Connect the DualShock 4 to the PS4 via USB cable and press the PlayStation button on the controller
  • Choose the Rebuild Database option now that you are in Safe Mode

Upvote 0