• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Killing Floor2 PS4 Screen freezing on Survival and VS Survival mode

[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2281132]For those that are experiencing frequent crashes or freezes, can anyone confirm that they were using premium PSN avatars for their account? We're trying to isolate potential factors that may or may not have an influence on these issues frequency.

Hi David,

I have changed my avatar from a premium one to standard and still experience the freezing issue so in my case it isn't linked to this.

Upvote 0
LunaticMaster;n2280570 said:
My game freezes on these two modes. I am playing in Europe server and my ping is usually 76. VS survivor mode freezes usually when i get in the match and in the ready screen. But VS Survival also sometimes freezes on the killing floor2 loading screen. Normal Survival mode freezes on the loading screen. I hope we get fix for this issue soon XD.

I have the same problem and it's doing my nut in on the ps4

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2281132]For those that are experiencing frequent crashes or freezes, can anyone confirm that they were using premium PSN avatars for their account? We're trying to isolate potential factors that may or may not have an influence on these issues frequency.

If there may be an issue with the PSN Avatars at all, why not try patching so they don't display? I doubt anyone would complain if their PSN Icon was not shown next to their name in the lobby. Most of us just want to play.

Upvote 0
I got Killing Floor for the PS4 system but every single time I try to play online, dont matter if it is VS Survival or Survival , it freezes. I dont have a premium avatar.
I got the last patchwork and it doesn't work.

Also, when my friends are playing and I try to join it says that the "server is at capacity" but in the PS4 informantion screen it says that the server is like " 2/6".

I love the game, but I want to play online cause I think It could be better played with my friends or other players and also cause I want to get the trophies.
​

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2280868]

I understand your frustration and I would ask for your patience as the team works to address these issues. As far as we can tell, this issue when it happens generally does not occur that frequently. Can you remember the circumstances in which after it happened that the issue began to crop up for you consistently? As for a workaround, some users have reported that rebuilding the PS4 database from the Safe boot menu helped address some connection issues. Let me know if that helps your situation.

Issues Found
I've noticed that online modes freeze when the map does not say "Official tripwire map".
For example, any maps that say "By tripwire interactive" or "By Marcos" or any other name at all, tend to freeze!!! I hope this information is relative enough to help with a patch.
Please let me know if a better explanation is needed.

Upvote 0
TheZanzibarMan;n2297953 said:
Have you tried starting a private match? I've yet to have a game freeze on console yet using private matches.

single player is working without freezes. if i want to join online survival loading screen is there forever and nothing happends. if i am joinen vs survival game will freeze after joinen the game. (here i need to try triangle multiple smashing when joining to prevent game from freezing).

anyway... i hate that, please fix that game.

Upvote 0
First i do want to thank the TW OFFICER DAVID For at leaste trying to help. But lets face it guys the last ray of hope was back in December 2016 When they thought the avitar crap. Now that it is free on ps plus. My optomism for them giving a crap is lower then an ants anus.

I know i have to keep closing the whole app multiple times when i am lucky enough to get past loading to just yell ath the frozen ready up screen.

But once im in i can stay on as long as i keep playing.

It is a great game just hope the ps4 gets the attention it deserves.

Upvote 0