• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Trouble Inviting Friends

Riddler_Tam

Nov 20, 2016
When activating an online match I press to create a party, go to choose friends but the list doesn't appear.

I try finding a server with invite only, mentions no servers found, eventually get one, try to invite friends, says I cannot as session expired.

eventually locks out asking to invite same as the main search menu.

although it says session expired I can still ready up and play the match I created solo, a friend who has bought the game has the same problem.

is there a particular way to create a party we're missing?

the firmware is 1.02 but I don't see any patch notes which where included with the initial install, could it be this has failed to update proper?

​​​​

Reactions: Valerio-Nitro
Was this happening for you today (November 22nd)? We noticed that invites system was having issues on our end between roughly 11am to 2pm EST yesterday. It should be back to normal now. On public servers, sometimes you won't be able to send invites when the empty slots are taken up by players already in progress of joining the server.

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2278885]Does this issue occur for you with Public servers as well or is this tied to Invite Only servers only? Also if when this happens to you again could you try pressing X again on the Invite Button to bring up the invite menu once again. It will be helpful for us if we know if this is a consistent issue or only happens once per server.

This happens only with invite only servers and when choosing to create a party before finding a server, it doesn't matter if I press x on the Invite menu it just clicks and does nothing no matter the number of times pressed.

Upvote 0
I found a way to invite friends

1: open the game
2: go to Matchmaking
3: set the game "invite only" ( if you wont play only friend )
4: Start search the server
5: when you're inside the map press TouchPad you go to Party
6: Press "X" in you account and open you profile
7: in you profile search the Running game (KF2) and press "X" for open it
8: Take part in session
9: at this point the map reload and when you'll return in the game you have the chance to invite a friend

i testing in and work !!

sorry for my english im italy.

Upvote 0