• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 from the eyes of a solo player.

I_Snipe_U_909

Mar 17, 2019
I picked up the game about a year ago, and have loved the game to death since I bought it. I love the guns and how they feel and work, and I love the perk system, and the blood and gore. But, no game is perfect, and there are some things that kind of bug me.

First, the Commando and Firebug perks. Am I the only one that thinks these perks could use a buff of some sort? Their weapons don't do squat to anything bigger than a gorefast, even upgraded, and that puts me off of using them for harder difficulties. Correct me if I'm wrong, but every class should be viable for every mode, even in soloes.

Secondly, We need to have a chat about bosses. Namely the gosh darn patriarch. I hate getting him as the end boss, cause you can't kill him as quickly as the other bosses, with him wimping out and cloaking when he gets low, like 3 times in a row. And his rockets hit a bit harder than they probably should on harder difficulties. Takes like 20 health when the rocket explosion barely touches me.

And finally, I wanna talk about the maps. Most of them suck, being tight-knit and easy to get cornered in, which can screw you over on any difficulty above normal. There are some I like, such as ZED Landing, Black Forest, and Shopping Spree, but there's a few of them that I don't bother to play on unless its for a daily challenge. Can we please get more open maps and less claustrophobic and cluttered maps?

This entire post can be sumed into the phrase "get gud".

As a solo player, I have completed all maps and all perks on Hell on Earth, so I disagree with you regarding the Commando and Firebug.

They are really good as they are. Depending on perk you can kill Patty on Hell on Earth before he heals. I know because I have done so with Gunslinger. Pretty much any other perk you will have to wait for all heals, unless he gets stuck. You have to use map knowledge and game mechanics to your advantage. Like getting him to shoot his minigun while you are next to a wall instead of having him shoot it while you are in the open.

The smaller maps are better imo since it really puts your skill to the test. The Descent, Nightmare or Powercore. Run that on Hell on Earth.

Upvote 0
As far as I'm concerned, firebug is now the must have perk if you ever want to survive hoe with other players.
The new inrage stumble mechanic helps a ton to stumble a raging fp from hitting you or other players and gives you enough time to hit the zed again.
And new helios rifle just shreds anything on its way.

Commando is the most flexible perk right now as he has the tools necessary to keep himself or others alive, be a high damaging big zed killer, focus on only killing trash zeds or be a balance of all 3.

The only thing commando needs rebalance wise, is get the rifles weight rebalanced.
Ar15 should weight 3 blocks imo as a starter weapon, and put l85 onto the diet and give it a 4 block weight... Since it makes no sense to keep the weakest rifle along side heavy hitters.
Ak12 put to 5 blocks to make it a valuable choice again, as it's outshined by scar and mkb.

And eat lead buffed with addition of the V1 of rack em up.... Which i've brought up a few times but i guess devs kept ignoring it.
But it makes sense to have it.

Hollow point: you get recoil reduction and dmg increase by 25%
Eat lead: you get double the mag size and you can now deal damage up to 50%
V1 rack em up:
Hit head = +1 to the stack (up to 5x)
Miss head (aka hit the body or miss entirely) = lose 1 point of the stack
Stack doesn't decay.

And now you have an option of having a bit of passive dmg with recoil reduction, or a lot of bullets to dump with max of 50% dmg increase.
​​​​​​

Upvote 0