• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Top 20 Killing Floor 2 Weapons

Thisusernamebetterwork

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2018
I am a YouTuber who would like to start creating countdown videos.

one of my first list videos is "Top 20 Killing Floor 2 Weapons".

However, I would like to ask everyone here if they could help me.

The weapons I have already considered are the Railgun, M14 EBR, AA12, M99 AMR, Crossbow, Katana and Zweihander.

This includes base up to max upgrade.

Top 20? Isn't that a bit much?! Top 10 would be much simpler.

A few of mine would be:
- Winchester 1894. So cheap, good damage, found across map, the only starter weapon that I would actually keep for later waves rather than replacing. Winchester and M14 as Sharpshooter is the cheapest set-up, and works great.
- Bone Crusher. So easy to parry, and get the Berserker's parry boost. Also works good against boss waves when you can't afford an Eviscerator + ammo.
- HZ12 Multi Action Shotgun. The most versatile shotgun. Cheap, good damage and fire rate.
- Dual .500 Magnums. Obvious reasons.
- Microwave Gun. That push back effect of the alternate fire is very pleasant.

These are personal selections. The obvious ones that I'd expect in any 'Top guns' list are RPG/HMTech pistol/ Eviscerator

Upvote 0
I don't find it very meaningful... I mean, almost every gun is worthwhile in certain situation. It is true that with the upgrade system, the "tiers" don't matter that much anymore, but still : while the SCAR is obviously better than the SA-80 , that gun is perfectly fine in the first few waves. Just as the boomstick can be used throughout much of the match without problem.

Why not settle for a top 10 most underrated guns in the game for example? Which could go (personally of course...) as :

10)SA-80 => Most people tend to skip that gun and deem it as a "master of none" kind of gun... I beg to differ. Skipping the AK-12 instead is totally possible, and that gun is polyvalent AS HELL. I still like the AK better (obviously), but for it's price, the SA-80 is definitely a good one to pick just like in the first game : inexpensive and reliable.

9)Static Strikers => While dangerous to use as it doesn't have the range of the eviscerator nor the bash of the bonecrusher, the EMP effect is a whole lotta love by itself. It's even more reliable than the EMP grenades in my opinion. Not to mention that the combo system is just bloody fun, as is crushing a siren's skull in a single blow.

8)SG-500 (upgraded) => Any support weapon could make the cut due to how reliable they are even on higher waves, but I wanted to pick that one because it's often discarded for the massive beast that is the boomstick. And while I couldn't argue about it's overall coolness, the SG-500 is a force you shouldn't mess with. Pretty much the little brother of the M4 shotgun, it's bloody powerful for a T1 gun and quite accurate for a shotgun as well. When upgraded, it can seriously tackle the M4 as the shell-loaded shotgun of the game, only lacking the semi-auto capabilities of it's counterpart.

7)C4 => Often thought of very late in the game due to it's price and quirky use, it is nevertheless a very powerful asset to the demo's arsenal. Capable of placing tons of them quickly and exploding everything, it's sticking capabilities are a blessing against high-priority zeds. Not to mention it's light weight makes it a fine addition to any perk loadout. Basically a secondary grenade...What's not to like?

6)Vlad 9000 => Rarely used by either the berserker or the support, it is in the hands of the latter that the weapon shine. Having access to a semi-auto shotgun at T2 is wonderful, so does the piercing bonus given by the perk. Zeds in corridors are shredded by the ridiculous amount of bouncing nails this gun produces. And if there's a crawler bane, it's definitely that gun.

5)Trenchgun => Beloved by many, yet rarely used once they get their hands on higher-tiered weaponry, the trenchgun is one gun to be scared of. Stylish, flashy and capable of strong meatshots, it is similar to the SG-500 in use. But while it lacks the extra two shells, it gets some extra afterburn damage to balance it out. It won't be as useful to manage a crowd like the flamethrower or MWG would, but it will instead be a painful tool against medium-to-big zeds.

4)Stoner 63 => Loathed by everyone due to it's low percieved power compared to the scary SCAR, it's generous mag and rate-of-fire makes for a suppressive weapon capable of mowing a horde without ever needing to reload. With the backup of a heavy-hitter like a sharpshooter or demolitions to take care of the big bads, the Stoner becomes a mean killing machine against the volleys of trash trying to gnaw on your bones. It may lack the overal versatility of it's fellow T4 , but for a more supportive commando, this weapon becomes a blessing.

3)Freezethrower => A tool meaner that it appears with the capabilities of shattering the ranks of zeds as well as granting free targets for you allies. It does have an hefty price tag, and a pretty heavy weight. But the jack-of-all-trades nature of the survivalist allows for a nice symbiosis with the rest of his arsenal. Hot'n'cold? Freeze and blow? Frost and bullet spray? It doesn't matter when the zeds can't fight back!

2)1911 (upgraded) => The days of the underwhelming 1911 are done! Skipped for a long time for a more trusty and powerful deagle(s) , the 1911 has now become a devastating engine of pain with the addition of the upgrade system. Why bother with a .500 revolver or a double 2011 when a single 1911 does the job just as well? It has been used for more than a century for a reason...

1)M4 Combat Shotgun => While it has grown better now, I remember the days, weeks and even MONTHS were every few weeks we could see a topic about how underpowered that gun was... And even now, that little beauty is often skipped in favor of the AA-12. Something I don't understand, clearly. Because that thing obliterates everything that's made of flesh. The most accurate shotgun of the lot, with each shot packing lots of power, semi-auto extravaganza and finally, the ability to reload at will. A proper support won't ever get this gun dry, as frequent reloads means it will always have a shell in the chamber ready to blast a poor soul in the face.

Upvote 0