• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Do Something About E.D.A.Rs

gamerfreak126

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 24, 2015
I am actually begging you. In lower difficulty games they may not an issue, but on HoE I feel like they're actually ruining the game for me.

At this point, I am more afraid of E.D.A.Rs spawning than scrakes or fleshpounds. Hell, I'm more scared of E.D.A.Rs than the bosses, THE BOSSES!!!
I would rather go toe to toe with a any of the 4 bosses in the game currently, than get within even a quarter mile radius of E.D.A.Rs.

They're too tanky, they give practically no money, they do too much damage for having spam-able ranged weapons, and trappers are just.... no.
I should not have to worry about skillfully dodging attacks and battling hoards of zeds to claim my victory, just to have a trapper come around the corner and aimbot me with his beam of assrape while a husk is rushing to suicide me (yes, it has actually happened... multiple times).

I'm not asking you to remove them from the game, just.... do something.
Make them more squishy, make them spawn less, make it so they can't dodge/use abilities when I blow their damn head off, make it so they're actually rewarding to kill since they're more difficult enemies than large zeds, make it so a barrage of rockets won't rape me while I can't even move because of the hellspawn that is trappers, make it so trappers only slightly slow you or something, I don't care... just do something, PLEASE.

They need to spawn less on lower rounds, it is so inefficient to engage them with t1 or t2 guns, you do almost no damage and waste way too much ammo trying to take them down. The way they just jet pack dodge is infuriating.

and trapper edars are terribly annoying and a death sentence on HoE if they get you.

Enemies should have some sort of counter mechanism against them. Scrapes don't rage until you attack first, giving you time to prepare. Fleshpounds stop attacking once they melee you. Edars? Nonstop firing of lasers. How do we even counter them? These edars are just awful, annoying, and not fun to kill.

Upvote 0