• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New medic players please read. Too many "rambo" medics in pub games

FearlessX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2017
Medic is the backbone that holds the team together on suicidal and hell on earth difficulty.

If you play medic, your teammates trust that you will heal them. When I see someone else play medic, I trust they will do that, so I can play a different perk to suit the team's needs. What frustrates me is watching these medics try and shoot zeds with their medic SMGs, which is like a pea shooter, in favor of healing their teammates with 35 health left.

Please, spam your heal darts (that is R1 or right bumper on your controller). You get bonus dosh, experience, and a "thank you" from your teammates. You can literally swap between guns repeatedly and infinitely spam heal darts at high levels. Dying sucks, especially with the upgrade system and if you lose your gun, down goes a couple thousand dosh. Please take medic class with he mind of healing your teammates, not shoot first. Don't be that medic when your whole team is spamming "REQUEST HEALING", and then get vote kicked out the lobby!

Depending on the difficulty, Medics should just watch the team and save ammo for end of waves or scrakes. Especially for Hell on Earth. With the way I run Medic, healing the team is the number 1 priority and it should be. Most people double or triple shoot zeds and there isn't a reason for it and end up wasting ammo.

Quick Rant: In group play Medics should always run dart perks. I can't stand seeing medics not using the move speed dart since that most of the time saves people from bosses or being surrounded. With the Symbiotic Health Perk you can all the dart perks per heal if you heal someone. Move speed, DR, and Dmg boost.

I absolutely agree with Medic being backbone. I have played many Hell on Earth matches including Long Waves and cannot stand seeing bad medics in the game.

Upvote 0