• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Video Proof Loot Crates Steal Your Money...

LaGgY_42o

Dec 11, 2011
So this is the 5th, or maybe even the 6th, idk because I have lost count of just how many Elite White MP5 skins I have gotten out of the Series #5 Crates. Not to mention how many times I have recycled countless PAID skins that I keep getting OVER AND OVER (like the Beserker Knife I keep getting from the new Series #7!!!) and when I go to recycle yet ANOTHER duplicate the system steals my money by not giving me anything for the $2.49 I just threw away... Look at my inventory... I have spent HUNDREDS, yes HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS with NOTHING to show for it. I would estimate 70%-80% of the crates I open are duplicates, and ontop of it all I keep getting the SAME EXACT CRATES!!! I have never even seen any of the new RGB crates, only ever had 2 deepstrike crates which both gave me the SAME EXACT HELMET which you can clearly see in my inventory!!!

I am just soo glad that I captured it on video this time. I know its 5 minutes with long idle periods in between but I wanted to upload the raw PS4 capture file so you can see its clearly not edited.

Fix the robbing of my money!
Fix the MASSIVE amount of duplicates!
Fix getting the same exact crates over and over!
Fix you'r ****ing game that I have wasted hundreds of dollars in!

Last edited:
I ended up spending $25 CND last night for a new emote, bought 7 keys used 5 on crates and ended up with 3 manics. It wasn`t the first time this has happened, awhile ago I got 3 manics in rom back then. I too spent money on crates, lots like yourself and I feel we are being robbed. Maybe we should file a complaint with Sony.

Upvote 0
To be fair, if you're still buying crates even after acknowledging you get little from it, you're largely robbing yourself.

In honesty I don't see the point in buying crate keys; paying $2.49 just for a chance to turn a random black gun to a blue gun seems silly.
People buying the Emotes annoy me further especially when they come up to other players and Emote right in front of them to pompously show how they've wasted their money. I always turn away from anyone doing an Emote, so as not to give them the satisfaction of being seen.

Soz for the tangent. :/

Upvote 0
LaGgY_42o;n2322199 said:
Fix the robbing of my money!
Fix the MASSIVE amount of duplicates!
Fix getting the same exact crates over and over!
Fix you'r ****ing game that I have wasted hundreds of dollars in!
Stop buying crates and that will fix everything everything.

The game works completely fine, you're just getting screwed by RNG for loot boxes, something that makes up like, 2% of the game. Have you ever purchased loot boxes before in any other game? This is how most of them function.

Upvote 0
I think it is largely agreed that people would willingly spend money (or more money) if things were just sold in packs and people knew what they were getting. Within a reasonable price range.
​​​​
People also don't realise that not every item is wearable with every character and it's not always as obvious as you think (oisten can't wear a flamethrower tank which cost money, but can wear hans' tank which is free). You could spend money just to have an item not wearable with your favourite character you wanted, and in this instance, it is literally gambling.

Another example: say I main sharpshooter and play nothing else. I want this sick m14 skin, only to spend £2 to be given a crovel skin for berserker in which I never plan to ever use. So what now? Can i return it? No. Do i feel happy? No. Is this fair? Is this tripwires idea of how they want me to support them? How is this any different to me sticking a coin in a slot machine?

I bought 1 or 2 crates and then stopped because I actually didn't feel good whatsoever buying them, and that says a lot to me. Zakillah used the word predatory and I couldn't agree more.

I understand that this game is not pay to win, but let's not pretend that part of the gaming experience for a lot of people (including myself) isn't customizing you're character along with you're favourite guns to your taste and putting a stamp on your character of choice. People have and always will love this aspect in a game. There would literally be no added items in the game if tripwire didnt acknowledge this or agree. And that's the key word, experience. Not game. The crate system ruins the experience. You're experience is the essence of the game. You cannot tarnish one without the other.

if you don't mind not customising and couldn't care less then good for you, but then you can't really judge or say anything more to someone who does mind.

Loot boxes are becoming extremely controversial nowadays and the big games are starting to be put in the spotlight. This game is only getting more popular I think. So eventually it will get noticed.

​​​​​​really sorry for the long post but man, just have to get it off my chest.

Upvote 0