• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PS4 Connection issues

war.to.fame;n2321252 said:
Killing Floor 2 is dropping connection at times and long with not loading inventory. It will not connect to the servers.

For it to work I need to restart PS4 every time if i want to play, closing and rebooting KF2 wont fix it.

Is it only me or is others having this issue as well ?

Well, I've playing a lot and I've realized that after you press x to enter the game, you don't have to move the menus for like 5 seconds, because if you move quickly through menus, like pressing R1 to go to the inventory or your character's menu and even the store, you'll trigger this issue. So once you enter the menus, let it load without going anywhere for like 5 seconds and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
Crisstation;n2321309 said:
Well, I've playing a lot and I've realized that after you press x to enter the game, you don't have to move the menus for like 5 seconds, because if you move quickly through menus, like pressing R1 to go to the inventory or your character's menu and even the store, you'll trigger this issue. So once you enter the menus, let it load without going anywhere for like 5 seconds and you'll be fine.

thanks crisstation, that works 9/10. now i dont have to reboot all the time.

Reactions: Crisstation
Upvote 0
Although Crisstation suggestion worked as a temporary solution fix i am still experiencing connection issues, while trying to find servers to being dropped out of a game and the notorious inventory population still haunts my PS4.

Let me add to this irritation of a issue that i am using a 100 foot cable (mite be Cat5, not sure as the wire is old and writing is faded off the wire) into a wall jack with Cat6 connectors with another 10 foot Cat6 cable.

any suggestions ?? could this be my issue and not TW`s servers?

Upvote 0
war.to.fame;n2321780 said:
Let me add to this irritation of a issue that i am using a 100 foot cable (mite be Cat5, not sure as the wire is old and writing is faded off the wire) into a wall jack with Cat6 connectors with another 10 foot Cat6 cable.

any suggestions ?? could this be my issue and not TW`s servers?

Can you plug in a laptop to the other end of the 100 foot cable, and run a speed test? If your download speed is 20mbps and your getting 10mbs, then you probably got a cat 5

I would use a LAN adapter/power brick, with cat 6 cables connected (if@20mbps+) instead of running long wires (which aren't powered)
This doesn't work for everyone, depends on the wiring of the home, so don't blame me if it doesn't work

Upvote 0
zombie_lockdown;n2321817 said:
Can you plug in a laptop to the other end of the 100 foot cable, and run a speed test? If your download speed is 20mbps and your getting 10mbs, then you probably got a cat 5

I would use a LAN adapter/power brick, with cat 6 cables connected (if@20mbps+) instead of running long wires (which aren't powered)
This doesn't work for everyone, depends on the wiring of the home, so don't blame me if it doesn't work

I did some tests and actually encountered the bug again which causes the game to revert back to normal without the events andcausing the game not to connect to the ineternet.

Upvote 0