• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game Balance and Feedback

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
Hello all! We are going through a some balancing right now and would love some feedback as to what may need addressed. If you have concerns with zeds, maps, weapons, perks and so on, this is the place to let us know!

Important - Please let us know if your feedback applies to solo or multiplayer. These are balanced somewhat separately.

Identify the platform (Xbone, PS4) We need to know what platform you are on so we can filter the info.

Suggestions are great however, we may not be able to hit everything at once but its better to have too much information than not enough.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think you guys should add a new perk called the engineer that uses improvised weapons like the crovel,chalk'burn, 1858 revolvers, Winchester,center fire, and much more the engineer should have the ability to fix broken down doors and add more welding percentage to weldied doors

Me personnel i would like to see more ww2 weapons like the mp40 or the STG and weapons like the g36 and the glock in killing floor 2

My suggestion's for a zed would be a dog like zed that is called the beast the beast should look black and has a very large set of jaws and it is fast but has low heath it is also idea that thier is a alpha one that can howl when it howls all the beasts in a small radius attacks one single target that the alpha beast the boss of the beast would be a giant beast called the Beast queen she spawns other beasts and has two giant heads that charges at the player as fast Hans volter or faster

my platform is PS4

Upvote 0
Fiji_wolf_virus;n2318535 said:
I think you guys should add a new perk called the engineer that uses improvised weapons like the crovel,chalk'burn, 1858 revolvers, Winchester,center fire, and much more the engineer should have the ability to fix broken down doors and add more welding percentage to weldied doors

Me personnel i would like to see more ww2 weapons like the mp40 or the STG and weapons like the g36 and the glock in killing floor 2

My suggestion's for a zed would be a dog like zed that is called the beast the beast should look black and has a very large set of jaws and it is fast but has low heath it is also idea that thier is a alpha one that can howl when it howls all the beasts in a small radius attacks one single target that the alpha beast the boss of the beast would be a giant beast called the Beast queen she spawns other beasts and has two giant heads that charges at the player as fast Hans volter or faster

I also think the medic dart weapons should deal more posion damage over time at a faster rate

my platform is PS4

it applies to solo and mutitplayer

Upvote 0
Killmeplzz;n2319405 said:
Whats happening to the vault rewards i havent gotten an unlocked crate for a long time and felt im completing challenges for nothing ps4

from what i was told from a staff member is that,

if you got too many crates without filling the bar you will not get any until you are caught up with filling the bar with correct amount of crates.

example - you have 10 extra crates, you filled the bar 5 times you will now have to fill the bar another 5 more times to add up to 10 crates. once you have tied filling and grant the same amount you will now get the crates.

For those who got glitched crates and added up over 100s, you wont see any crates any time soon.

I hope this makes sense....

Upvote 0
Well in all the time I've played kf2 on ps4 I've been experimenting with all the perks and trying to find all the best setups for each perk for how they can deal with every possible situation and with all the matches I played leveling every perk to prestige 2 level 25 is that, swat is really lacking in any real power. Like compared to every other perk that isn't the medic swat just feels... inferior. In the beginning he was kinda close to commando in effectiveness but as buffs to some guns came about that effectiveness seemed less useful as other perks got buffs especially when the upgrade system was introduced. Swats in an odd position right now where the other 2 trash killers recieved a great change to weapon damage making firebug able to to take on multiple large zeds on 6 player HoE with his microwave gun when upgraded and with the m16 getting buffed so many times and the upgrade system giving it a sizable increase in damage like 40-45%? Allows commando with his 55% damage increase to turn it into a pseudo rpg and take out flesh pounds like hes a demo but with a swat in multiplayer if you see 2 fleshpounds and noone to back you up, ur gonna have a bad time. Also the upgrades to most of commandos weapons are pretty good and his weapons have pretty good base damage to begin with making these upgrades effective along with his 55% damage increase while swat gets the short end of the stick as his weapons lack base damage and the upgrades are much lower too like the kriss gets a 15% increase while the scar gets 22% even though the scar nearly doubles its damage and has hollow point rounds. The only weapon worth upgrading on swat is his UMP45 which i think it's fine how it is but some of his other weapons need either a buff to their damage or stronger upgrades especially with how expensive swats ammo is commando makes a way better trash killer now since he pretty 1-2 shots everything that isn't a large zed saving so much more ammo and dosh. As it stands now swat is good at trash killing but not medium zeds and terrible at large zeds with bad ammo economy while firebug and commando are great at trash killing great with medium zeds and can take care of large zeds too with no real problem.

Reactions: AntonIsDon
Upvote 0
So what I would recommend is giving swat a bit more damage like hollow point rounds or a buff to the base damage of smgs or their upgrades or even a new weapon that could serve an alternate use like a smg that fires explosive rounds similar to the hx5 grenade pistol but as a stream of pellets obviously. Something to make him feel as effective as the other 2 perks as they feel like much better choices with a much better ammo economy/efficiency due to better damage and the ability to act as large zed killers now, I would like to see swat buffed to feel closer to the level of firebug and commando as he shouldn't be left out on the buffs.

Upvote 0
So disappointed. Paid £25 for weapon skin crates and of the 20 crates I couple only equip less than 10 weapons. I got so many versions of the same skin for the same weapon it was a joke. Why give a mint, battle scarred and field tested skin for the same gun (4 times!) surely it should contain a skin for different weapons at that price? Yes yo can recycle put you get 1 coin for each skin and you need 20 to get anything so I've paid a fortune for nothing. Also if you buy characters you can only use certain cosmetics. Come on guys, crates should contain skins for different weapons when you buy a pack not a load of skins for the same weapon. Paid for items/characters should be able to use the majority of the cosmetics. I'm beyond disappointed with what I got for my money this weekend :(

My ps username is gingerjo675 if you would like to rectify this situation ;)

Upvote 0
1: Completely agree with SWAT analysis above.
2: The Vosh Vault NEEDS A @!#$ING Re-vamp 😟 So Many Crafting Materials But C'mon...Is the lack of new content in the dosh vault crates (for a long AF time) deliberate to encourage microtransactions of cosmetics ? There are only so many shiny horrific brown PJs, Purple Alberts Camos & GG facepaints a fella can handle. May I Be inclined to point out that 'spurious microtransaction policies' are creating alot of financial damage & hugely negative press to those that push them (Dont be an Activision or an EA 😣) Instead a little goodwill will actually encourage more spending & better PR (look how loved CD Projekt RED are for their stance on MTXs)

Last edited:
Upvote 0